Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Making liked songs a Playlist

Solved!

Making liked songs a Playlist

None of the below information is required. However, 

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Device

(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

Hi All, I just want to know if there is way to transfer Liked songs into a Playlist? 

Otherwise I'll have to create a new Playlist and add each song separately into it. 

Top Answer
Emilia_8
Community Legend

Hello @Minikaur

Thank you for marking my answer as solution! 

If you don't want to add every song individually, which I understand might be tiring, it's recommended to use desktop app, as it allows you to select multiple songs and move them to a new/different playlist. To do that, you can follow the steps from my previous response. 

Unfortunately, it's not possible to do that on mobile. With mobile device, you'd have to add every song individually.

However, if you create your Liked Songs playlist on desktop, it will appear on mobile as well. 

If you'd like to see an option to share your Liked Songs playlist with others or make it public, make sure to vote on this idea

It would be helpful for Spotify, as this shows how many people are interested in it. Generally, the more votes an idea has, the bigger the possibility it'll be implemented. 

More details on how your feedback reaches Spotify can be found here

Let me know if you have any further questions 🙂

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hello @Minikaur

Thank you for reaching out here in the Community!

If you're looking for one place where you can find all your Liked Songs, it's already possible. 

On desktop, you can find your Liked Songs on the left column, under Your Library:

likedsongs.jpg

On mobile and tablet you can find them under Playlists:

LikedSongs.gif

However, if you're looking for a way to share your Liked Songs, make sure to add your +VOTE to this idea

As a workaround, you can put them all to a playlist and then you can share it or make it a public playlist on your profile. 

The easiest way to do that is using your desktop app: 

• Go to your Liked Songs,  
  • Select all using keyboard CMD+A (Mac) or CTRL+A (Windows)
  • Drag them to a new playlist.

The only downside is that you'll have to update that playlist manually every time you would like to add new liked songs or remove them. 

I hope you'll find this helpful! 

View solution in original post

16 Replies
Marked as solution

Hello @Minikaur

Thank you for reaching out here in the Community!

If you're looking for one place where you can find all your Liked Songs, it's already possible. 

On desktop, you can find your Liked Songs on the left column, under Your Library:

likedsongs.jpg

On mobile and tablet you can find them under Playlists:

LikedSongs.gif

However, if you're looking for a way to share your Liked Songs, make sure to add your +VOTE to this idea

As a workaround, you can put them all to a playlist and then you can share it or make it a public playlist on your profile. 

The easiest way to do that is using your desktop app: 

• Go to your Liked Songs,  
  • Select all using keyboard CMD+A (Mac) or CTRL+A (Windows)
  • Drag them to a new playlist.

The only downside is that you'll have to update that playlist manually every time you would like to add new liked songs or remove them. 

I hope you'll find this helpful! 

Emilia, thank you so much for your reply, but actually my concern is a bit
different. I want a way to turn my Liked Songs into a Playlist so that I
can share it.
I can do that by creating a new Playlist and adding every song
individually, but that would take a lot of my time and I was hoping if
anyone could help me with a shortcut to that.
Thanks

#- Please type your reply above this line -##

Emilia, thank you so much for your reply, but actually my concern is a bit different. I want a way to turn my Liked Songs into a Playlist so that I can share it.

I can do that by creating a new Playlist and adding every song individually, but that would take a lot of my time and I was hoping if anyone could help me with a shortcut to that.

I see that you have provided help with Spotify Desktop application, can you let me know if this can be done on a Mobile phone too. 

Hello @Minikaur

Thank you for marking my answer as solution! 

If you don't want to add every song individually, which I understand might be tiring, it's recommended to use desktop app, as it allows you to select multiple songs and move them to a new/different playlist. To do that, you can follow the steps from my previous response. 

Unfortunately, it's not possible to do that on mobile. With mobile device, you'd have to add every song individually.

However, if you create your Liked Songs playlist on desktop, it will appear on mobile as well. 

If you'd like to see an option to share your Liked Songs playlist with others or make it public, make sure to vote on this idea

It would be helpful for Spotify, as this shows how many people are interested in it. Generally, the more votes an idea has, the bigger the possibility it'll be implemented. 

More details on how your feedback reaches Spotify can be found here

Let me know if you have any further questions 🙂

Does not work CMD a just selects visible text... Bummer

Hey folks, 

Just wanted to add a quick follow up on this - marking all songs works only on the desktop app and not on the web player. 

You should be able to mark all songs in a playlist using the app using keyboard CMD+A (Mac) or CTRL+A (Windows), but if you try this on the web version we're afraid it'll just mark the text.

Hope this info helps! Cheers!

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

As noted in a different thread on the same topic, Command+A is not working on Mac for the desktop Spotify.  It does nothing at all.  If it worked at one time for copying an entire playlist, it no longer does.

Hey @vmcarlin!

Thanks for reaching out!

Could you send us the version of your Spotify app? We tested this on two different devices running the latest version of Spotify without any issues. You can also try performing a clean reinstall so that your app is up to date.

Let us know how it goes.

Take care!

ElenaModerator

this aint working for me i have over 2k liked songs i assume its that but when i go to share or look at the embed its legit just empty playlist but when i look at it on my own account its full i wanna be able to share it to others.

Hey @oakos,

Could you send us a few screenshots so that we can get a better understanding of what's going on :?
Thanks a lot!

VasilModerator

I have the same issue as @oakos. 

selected all Liked songs on Spotify PC app and transfered them to a new playlist. In the web app it's all ok and visible and in mobile app it shows nothing (0 songs) printscreen attached

Hey there @SuntUnTralala

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community.

First up, we suggest that you try logging out and then logging back in twice in a row. This will trigger a sync between your account and phone.

If this doesn't do the trick, it's well worth running a clean reinstall of the app on your phone to get rid of any cached files that might be causing trouble. This one is more thorough than the usual one. 

Let us know how it goes.

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Hey,

so, I logged out and logged in twice in a row, but still no songs appeared.

then, erased and reinstalled Spotify and still no music in the playlist. 

maybe there is a mysterious way to do it, we just have to find it 👀

Hey @SuntUnTralala

Thanks for letting us know. 

In this case, could you try creating a brand new playlist and copying your Liked songs there to see if the same happens? If so, could you try first copying only a few of them?

On another note, would you mind checking if you can see the songs on the desktop app?

We'll be on the lookout.

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Hi,

So, I made a new playlist and dragged and dropped the music from the web app from the Liked Songs to the new playlist and it worked 💪

Also I followed the same procedure from the PC app and it was also working.

So, now it's fixed.

Thanks for your support.

How to share your whole liked

songs album to another person 

Suggested posts