Mark playlist for offline sync?

jkelly37
Visitor

Plan

Premium

Operating System

iOS 14

My Question or Issue

I have some local files that I have on my laptop and I managed to get them in the playlist I want. However, I cannot play these songs on my iPhone despite having the playlist downloaded on both devices. My Spotify app says to "Mark the playlist containing this song for Offline Sync" but I cannot find this option anywhere. I have googled this issue a lot but nothing is working and there are no updated solutions that I can find.

24 Replies

MoXD
Visitor
That worked for me too !
Ty man

Jeremy

Hi there folks,

Thank you for your posts in this thread.

@MoXD - we're really glad to hear that everything works as expected for you again 🙂

@skayayeuh - can you let us know if you've checked what @Eni provided in the answer above?

f that doesn't do the trick - can you try the following:

• Add some songs from our catalogue to the playlist as well as the local file/s and make sure they have ‘Show unavailable songs in playlists’ turned on in Settings

• Play some music on the device that has the local files to see if it shows via Connect on the other device

• Make sure the router supports the Bonjour protocol. If the router is made after 2005, it will likely have this protocol. The best way to handle this is to check the router make/model and Google it

Keep us posted 🙂

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

ChaosZX88
Visitor
So for me, I just got an Iphone 11. And after a while, I found that if you go Spotify > then the settings gear at the HOME page > scroll all the way down and find [Local Files] > allow local audio files (sync) > and then make sure you have the playlist containing the song(s) and download that. Hope that helps!

Jeremy

Hi there @ChaosZX88,

Thank you for your reply.

It's really nice of you to share what worked for you to other users.

Let us know if there's anything we can help you out with.

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

juliocsxav
Visitor

I have the same problem but none of these procedures listed here helped me. 

I downloaded the playlist on my PC and my iPhone and changed the network. Also, the app is allowed to access local network on the iPhone settings. Still, no luck.

I've found a different message, though. I opened the app on my iPhone and on my PC at the same time, then I played the track on my PC and changed the device to my iPhone and a message appeared on the screen which said I had to mark the playlist containing this song for Offline Sync, but I couldn't find this option.

Is there anything else I can try? It's a real shame I can't play songs I've got on my computer...

Thanks in advance.

SUGGESTED POSTS