Country

Germany

Device

iPhone Xr, iPad Air 3rd, iPad Mini 2019, WinPC

Operating System

iOS 14, iPadOS 14, Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Hi,

Ever since I have gone Premium I have very much come to like the Mixtapes Spotify creates "on my behalf", since they are well curated and have expanded my music listening massively, mostly by bringing me back in touch with my long lost prog rock heritage of the early 70s ... 

During the first ~6 months, the Mixtapes would hardly change at all, instead new ones were added ... MT1 to MT6, etc. and I enjoyed this, since they all had a different focus, so I went back and forth between them and when songs were faded out and replaced, this took weeks to happen and I really never minded, it was time to move on anyway.

However, lately, I cannot even go back into the Mixtape list itself from a song cover being shown without finding that not even the very song that is currently playing is GONE from the TOTALLY changed Mixtape list. In fact they cycle at what seems to be a really rapid pace of a day or maximally two now.

This is really aggravating, especially since the Mixtapes are long lists and I cannot listen all the time and to then come back later in the same day and find everything gone is pretty annoying.

Is there any way, in which I can prevent this from happening, i.e. any way in which I can tell Spotify to stop this or to at least delay it to the initial pace of what, 2 weeks or so?

Regards,

Marie

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @marylou62!

Thanks for reaching out to us about this and sorry for the delayed reply.

The Daily mixes consist of 50 songs which shuffle daily.  When it comes to the tunes you get in the Daily mixes it is usually about 75% of songs that are familiar to you and they are supposed to change every day. The so called called ''pool'' of songs updates every week depending on your listening that week and you'll get to see some repeating songs.

If you'd like a certain selection of songs you can save them in a playlist on desktop. You can mark the tracks with the Ctrl+A  keys > right-click on a song > choose Add to playlist.

Hope this info helps! We'll be here in case you have any further questions about this.

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hey @marylou62!

Thanks for reaching out to us about this and sorry for the delayed reply.

The Daily mixes consist of 50 songs which shuffle daily.  When it comes to the tunes you get in the Daily mixes it is usually about 75% of songs that are familiar to you and they are supposed to change every day. The so called called ''pool'' of songs updates every week depending on your listening that week and you'll get to see some repeating songs.

If you'd like a certain selection of songs you can save them in a playlist on desktop. You can mark the tracks with the Ctrl+A  keys > right-click on a song > choose Add to playlist.

Hope this info helps! We'll be here in case you have any further questions about this.

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts