Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Mobile][Playlists] Your Episodes: 1 listed, but list is empty

[Mobile][Playlists] Your Episodes: 1 listed, but list is empty

In the iOS app, under Your Library/Playlists, the automatically created "Your Episodes" playlist appears. I'm not subscribed to any podcasts. The UI states that there's one episode but when opening the playlist it's empty.

1. Is this a bug?

2. Is Spotify auto-generating a non-existent podcast episode so that the list is auto-created?

3. If there's an episode somewhere in my library, how do I find it to remove it?' (Desktop 'Podcasts' is empty.)

4. As stated elsewhere, users should be able to either disable podcasts playlists or at least have them separate from music playlists.

IMG_4686.jpg
IMG_4687.jpg
6 Replies

I have the same issue!

Hi folks,

Thank you for posting on the Community! Sorry for the late reply, we've just come across this thread. 

@lllusion At the time of posting this thread the app had a different interface. Could you confirm if with the latest version you still have the same issue? 

@odaniboy Please try performing a clean reinstall of the app. This is often an overlooked step, but it’s more thorough than a regular one and can be helpful to get rid of any cache that might be causing trouble. 

If this doesn't work, please send us a screenshot or a video showing what you see on the app. This way we can take a better look at the issue. 

Keep us posted. 

MafeGModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Yup, the issue exists in the current versin of the iOS app and in the Intel MacOS app. The only version not affected by the issue is the Apple M1 MacOS app.

BTW, uninstalling the app, restarting, and reinstalling the app does not help. It's a bug in the software.

Hi @lllusion,

Thank you for your swift reply. 

There are a couple of things we can try here, since Spotify doesn't auto generate this kind of empty playlists on your account. 

Please go to your Settings > scroll to Playback > turn on the option Show Unplayable Songs. Then go back to your Library and check if you're able to see any podcast episode in that list.

If an episode shows up, tap on the 3 dot menu next to the title and select Remove from Your Episodes.

Let us know how it goes!

MafeGModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

"since Spotify doesn't auto generate this kind of empty playlists on your account."

Actually, it does auto generate the Your Episodes playlist, unfortunately.

"... turn on the option Show Unplayable Songs"

I'm guessing that you meant 'turn off Hide Unplayable Songs". Regardless, the status of that switch is inconsequential; the podcast episode count still contains one or more ghost counts.

Hey @lllusion,

Thanks for getting back to us.

The folks at our tech team are currently looking into this, so make sure to vote for the Ongoing Issue here, if you haven't already.

Though we can't set an exact time frame for when this will be fixed, it'll also be useful to Subscribe via the three-dots menu in the top right corner next to the title. We'll be sure to keep you updated with any news on the matter there.

Hope you find this useful. Keep us posted if you have any questions.

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Suggested posts