Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Mobile][Podcasts] Unlink Podcast “Your Episodes” and Downloads

[Mobile][Podcasts] Unlink Podcast “Your Episodes” and Downloads

Hey,

With one of the recent updated, downloaded podcast episodes automatically appear in the “Your Episodes” playlist. This is fine (I admittedly don’t care for this feature, as it takes up more space on the screen, but I can see how it can be useful. It would be nice if you could toggle whether that playlist and the “Liked songs” playlist were visible, but that’s neither here or there ) but it would be nice if you could remove episodes from this playlist while maintaining the download. Currently you can add things to the playlist without them being downloaded, but if you try to remove a downloaded podcast from the  playlist, the download is also removed, which I find frustrating. 

Currently there is a “your downloads” tab and a “your episodes” playlist, and I personally don’t see the point of both of them full filling the same function, except that one is locked to the top of my playlists. But with having something on my home screen, I’d like to control what goes into the playlist. 

2 Replies

Has anyone found a fix for this? It's just another playlist I don't want but I want to be able to download a few podcasts for work. Can't download and lose the podcasts playlist

Hey there @AutumnOwl_M and @Charlie108,

Thank you for your posts here in the Community.

Can you perform a clean reinstall of the app? This will make sure there's no old cache files causing this.

If that doesn't do the trick, can you provide us a screen recording so we can see more directly what's going on from your end.

We'll keep an eye out for your replies.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Suggested posts