Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Moods & Genre Filter test for Liked Songs Playlist

Moods & Genre Filter test for Liked Songs Playlist

Hi all, if you use Spotify on a mobile device (Android or iOS), you may have noticed recently that your Liked Songs Playlist includes a set of Filters for genres of the tracks that you have saved, such that you can show results based on a chosen filter. If you notice this feature, it’s because you’ve been included in a test that Spotify will run for about 2 weeks; and it would be great if you could provide your feedback regarding how you find this feature to be by replying to this thread.

Feel free to share your thoughts, and have a good day!

AdamDamSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
43 Replies

I didn't realize that the genre filter was only an experiment, and I'm so bummed it's gone now. I really hope they make that option permanently available. I enjoyed being able to listen to music I've already decided I liked but also base my listening on my current mood.

It worked well and quite helpful for creating specific playlists, Things that would be good:

- Multiple tags at once

- On Computer

- More variety of Genres

otherwise great

PLEASE BRING THIS BACK. I literally love this feature and all my friends did too. I noticed at first there was an issue with the queue not reflecting the genre selected, but then it got fixed for at least a few days before it was gone for good. Please bring this back, I really enjoyed this feature and think that it will get a lot of good use, regardless of whether there is some mistyping of genres! Love it, bring it back please!

Loved it - please keep the feature!

I loved having this feature, and would love for it to be implemented again! I'd been waiting for some sort of genre filter for a while, and this was more than what I hoped for. The variety of categories were great. Please bring this back!

Oh, thanks for clarifying. I saw the new feature and was so excited, made filtering through my liked songs so much easier as I have over 1000 songs then it vanished 😭 I was asking my siblings with Spotify If they still had the feature on their devices. They said they never had it but would’ve loved the feature. Definitely  something that needs to be incorporated into Spotify! 💯👍🏾 

Yup! Totally agree - I have exactly the same issue. Too many songs on my Liked Songs and being able to filter through was exactly what I have always hoped for!

This is the feature I’ve been waiting for.   Would be a game changer (I have 4k liked songs from all different genres).  Was excited to finally see it.  The filters were far from ideal - made some weird song choices that could have easily been avoided with some human curation.  But still, wish I could get it back.  It’s gone from my phone now.

I really enjoyed this feature and was pretty sad when it disappeared! It was much easier to find a genre of songs in my liked playlist rather than scrolling through and looking through them, or needing to make another playlist. While it wasn't completely accurate genre wise, it did make using the app much easier. I hope that Spotify can bring it back soon!

Ok so im not crazy... I noticed this feature and loved it only to never find it again. My liked songs include a lot of genres that don’t necessarily work together and being able to filter by genre was key! Loved it. Please make it permanent!

this feature was amazing. and have been looking forward for it come back. it makes listening to large playlist like “liked songs” easily tailored to when i wanna just play edm for a party and it plays just that. also when i want a chill vibe. it has that option. i have over 1.5k in my liked songs playlist. PLEASE ADD IT. its amazing. 

I seriously loved this feature and hope to see it again. Honestly one of the best things I’ve seen from Spotify recently.

As someone that rarely takes the time to make playlists and prefers to just like the songs that I like, this was a huge tool for me when I wanted to hear a specific mood from my library. 

Every song that I “like” gets a heart so my liked songs list has a LOT of different stuff in it. I don’t always want shuffle to swing that wild so I think it’s really nice to have those filters. Can we have them back please?

This was great and I was sad to see it go! I have been wishing for a genre filter since I downloaded Spotify and I was so excited to see it finally come to the app. Am anxious to see its return/permanent implementation!

I really loved this feature for the short time it was on my app! 10/10! I hope it comes back soon because I miss having that option to narrow down my entire library by genre. Soo great! Thanks! 

I LOVED this feature!! Please bring it back soon permanently, best thing added into spotify within recent times.

Please, please bring it back in a official update, it is almost a game changer. Also would appreciate implementation in the pc version

Along with genres I'd really like to be able to filter loved and unloved songs, sometimes I only want the stuff I like in a saved playlist and to only listen to stuff I don't know. 

I love this feature and it help me to build my playlist and sort my 1000+ liked songs. I'm missing this feature so much rn. Pls make it official as soon as possible!!!

I loved this feature! Please bring it back spotify! It made it much easier to create playlists or choose which saved songs I want to listen to in a given moment. How else am I supposed to organize my library of 5000 songs?!?!

Suggested posts