Announcements

Moods & Genre Filter test for Liked Songs Playlist

Highlighted

Re: Moods & Genre Filter test for Liked Songs Playlist

Casual Listener

Sad when I saw this feature removed today. The limited filter and sorting features on Spotify have been quite frustrating. This feature was definitely a step in the right direction. It did not always work perfectly (playing from the genre-filteted tracks wouldn't always fill the queue with songs from that filtered list but rather all liked songs and the lists themselves were not perfectly consistent with the true genres), but overall it was awesome to finally have a fairly accurate genre filter. I hope these filters are brought back and improved upon (additional filters such as release dates, etc would also be very nice).

Highlighted

Visitor

Loved this feature, worked great for me. It really took the liked songs list to another level. I hope it gets enough community approval to be added back in.

Highlighted

Casual Listener

I loved this feature. Bring it back!!

"Is It Wickedness or Is It Weakness?"
Highlighted

Hi! I’m an avid spotify music listener, and I absolutely loved having my liked songs filterable by genre. I’m not the best playlist maker, and often just play my liked songs on shuffle, adjusting the queue by deleting whatever songs didn’t fit my mood at the time. Adding the filters allowed me to instantly create my own playlist out of all my liked songs based on the mood I was in, and each genre was already downloaded so I could listen to it anywhere I went! I used the filtered genres so much that I’m struggling to adjust not having it anymore. Spotify please make the filtered liked songs permanent, I miss it already!

Highlighted

Visitor

Loved this feature. Realized it was a test for the feature only after it disappeared because I wondered where it went. I constantly wished a feature like this existed so I could listen to my music depending on my mood (or the moods of others since people live in the house with me). And then it magically appeared one day!

It makes it easy to better tailor my liked songs which has so many different artists and tastes that I find myself constantly skipping songs to get to ones I’m in the mood for.

This feature let me skip the skipping and allowed more time for listening to preferred tunes on short drives. I’d definitely vouch for this becoming a permanent feature and don’t really see a downside to it since you can choose not to have any genre filters selected at any time. 

GG

-atom

Highlighted

Rock Star 24
Rock Star 24

Don't forget to add your vote for this Idea:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Your-Music-Organize-quot-YOUR-MUSIC-quot-by-GENRE/idi-p/...

osorniosRock Star 24
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
Highlighted

Visitor

I loved thy is feature! How can I get it back? It made choosing the best liked songs to shuffle based on what I wanted to listen to sooo much easier!!

Highlighted

Rock Star 2
Rock Star 2

Hi @Dawnehl,

Spotify is often testing and launching improvements and new features. This means that you might see something on the app that your friend doesn’t, or you could get a new feature to try out temporarily.

It’s great to hear that you liked using the Moods & Genre Filter in this test; I recommend voting for this Live Idea regarding being able to sort music in Your Library by Genre, as @osornios has suggested. You can also read about how feedback on Ideas reaches Spotify here.

Thank you all for your feedback and comments regarding this test!

TreyAnastasioRock Star 2
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
Highlighted

Visitor

This needs to be put back on I used it about everyday when update came out

Highlighted

Visitor
I’m honestly bummed that I don’t have this option still. I was so happy every morning I would choose “chill” and I had calm music to listen to on my drive to work.
Hope this comes back!
SUGGESTED POSTS