Free

Country

UK

Device

iMac, iPhone 12 Mini, iPad Pro

Operating System

MacOS Big Sure, iOS 14.6

My Question or Issue

These curated playlists are supposed to be available to Free users as well right?

Since I switched my Discover Weekly playlist shows that it was updated every Monday but none of the songs change. This has been going on for weeks (I switched about 2 months ago). The Release Radar playlist shows that it hasn't been updated since end of June.

Doesn't appear device related as I have Spotify on multiple devices including Mac, iPhone, iPad, Apple TV etc. and I've signed out of all them and back in again. Surely the playlist update is server side anyway?

Seems like these playlists break if users switch from Premium to Free.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

well I figured this out myself and the answer was simple so posting it here so others don't end up following the previous "can't fix it create a new account" advice and lose all their history.

All I did was delete the Discover Weekly and Relase Radar playlists completely. At the next refresh (Monday and Friday respectively) they got recreated with up to date content and have continued to get refreshed weekly every since.

Simple as that 😀

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Hi there @slinkoff,

Thank you for your post here in the Community.

You're absolutely right, you should be able to still have this features even though you're on the free version.

Can you let us know if this occurs on one specific device or multiple devices?

If it occurs on multiple devices, can you create a new account and see if the issue persist? This will help us know if it's account related or not.

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Hi

This is happening on multiple devices.

I switched to another account (one that used to be part of my Family subscription but is now back to a Free account) and this morning (Friday) it got a fresh Release Radar playlist so this account is working fine on my devices. Seems to be specific to my own account then.

Thanks

Hey @slinkoff,

Thanks for getting back to us with the troubleshooting results.

These would indeed indicate that the issue is restricted to your specific account. We'd recommend transferring your music collection to the account you mention, or to a brand new one. You can use the steps in this FAQ. 

Hope this helps. Keep us posted how thing work out.

Mihail Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

That would kind of suck since I have several years of listening habit in the algo and would defeat the purpose of wanting to keep access to my Discover Weekly and Release Radar and not just some randomly generated new account list. Do you have a better solution available please? Like fixing the actual problem?

There were several accounts that were removed from the Premium Family Plan and it's only mine that has this problem, as I mentioned. My generic house account (used on household Alexa's so my kids can ask for rubbish songs as much as they like without affecting my listening habits) is back to Free plan and is happily getting a Discover Weekly and Release Radar updated on a weekly basis. My account was the primary account and is not getting this. Is there an account flag or something that can be done to kickstart the algo working again on my account please?

Hey @slinkoff,

Thanks for keeping in touch.

We understand that creating a new account and transferring your content isn't the most ideal solution, but sometimes specific issues isolated to a certain account can occur, which seems to be the case with yours, and since it isn't something we can pinpoint or address specifically, we're afraid it isn't possible to solve it from our end.

Remember that there are other ways of discovering new music, like the Radio feature, which you can start from a song, album, artist or playlist, and the other mixes you can find in the Made for You section in the Search page of the app.

You could also try reaching out to our Support team through any of these channels so they can take a closer look at your account and see if there's anything else to be tried. Just keep in mind that we can't guarantee they'll be able to solve it though.

Hope this helps. If you need anything else, the Community is here for you.

Cheers.

CarlosEModerator

If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Marked as solution

well I figured this out myself and the answer was simple so posting it here so others don't end up following the previous "can't fix it create a new account" advice and lose all their history.

All I did was delete the Discover Weekly and Relase Radar playlists completely. At the next refresh (Monday and Friday respectively) they got recreated with up to date content and have continued to get refreshed weekly every since.

Simple as that 😀

Suggested posts