Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Moving songs from PC to Android phone

Moving songs from PC to Android phone

I just created a long playlist of songs using the Spotify desktop app. The songs are local to my PC. I can open the playlist on my phone, but since the songs are not on my phone, I am not able to play it from my phone even though connected to the same wifi network.  MORE IMPORTANT:  I want to be able to move those songs to my phone and thus have that playlist with me on the go, away from my network. Is there a way to make this sync easily? I hope I don't have to brute force go through the entire playlist, find each local song and then copy that to my phone. 

Thanks.

3 Replies

Hi there @remydog,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community. 

When it comes to syncing your local files to your phone we suggest that you head over to this article and follow the steps that's provided in it.

Let us know how it goes 🙂

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

That switch is now turned on so we'll see. At the moment, some songs are showing that were not there before, but many are greyed out and not playable. Thank you for the help. 

Hey again @remydog,

Thank you for your reply and confirmation.

If the issue persists we suggest that you perform a clean reinstall of the app as this will make sure there's no old cache files causing this.

On another note, can you let us know if the songs that's greyed out shows as greyed out in the desktop app as well?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Suggested posts