Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

My 2019 Wrapped show an artist that I never heard

Solved!

My 2019 Wrapped show an artist that I never heard

My 2019 Wrapped show an artist that I never heard. Most of the songs played comes from this artist, but I do t even know him. 

is there any away to see stats about my account? Or devices connected with my account ? im wondering if somebody else is using my account. 

Thanks 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey folks,

Thanks for posting about this!

If you noticed inaccurate results in your Wrapped, check this article to clarify how this could have happened.

If you witnessed unexpected behavior on your account while checking your Wrapped, then have a look at this article and make sure to follow the steps featured in it.

Hope this helps. Let us know!

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

79 Replies

Hey, I've got this problem too. Mikel Orwin? Never even heard of them/him, and apparently it was my most listened to, with a whopping 2 hours. Despite my daily commute with a single DIFFERENT artist.

me too

Plan

Premium

Country

United States

Device

Google Pixel 2/Windows PC

Operating System

Android/Windows 10 

My Question or Issue

My Spotify Wrapped 2019 has as my second most listened to song as a song I've never listened to ever (Let's Go by Travis Barker). I thought I might have been hacked, because my daily mixes are getting messed up with songs I've never listened to and my On Repeat playlist is literally all songs I've never listened to, but I checked all my devices on my account and checked my recently played and none of these songs are on there so I think the issue is on Spotify's end. Just wondering if that can be fixed? Thanks

Hey, I tried checking my stats for 2019 on wrapped but nothing related to the music I listen to shows up at all. Is there a way to solve this?

Hello!

Can someone help me? Why do I have in my “Top songs 2019” playlist songs that I have never listened to. How to fix that? My friend has only his songs. Neither I. The problem that I can’t delete them. So how can I change it? I have a premium account, that’s why it couldn’t be an add. 

Thank you!

I’m having a similar problem. Also for the decade I still have the screenshot from last year, and my top artist and song for 2018 somehow changed when the decade wrap came out. 3 of my top artists for this year are bands I rarely listened to. I don’t share an account with anyone and listened to the same playlist almost every time I drove or was working projects for school. That entire playlist is music from 2 specific artists, yet neither of them, and none of their songs made it on my 2019 wrap playlist. Also neither of them are on my top artists list and top songs list. 

Plan

Premium

Country

México

Device

Motorola G7 PLUS

Operating System

Android Oreo

My Question or Issue

I did the wrapped 2019 thing, and it says my favorite song is one i haven't played ever, 2 of the 5 artists in my top of the year are unknown by me and never been played in my phone.

How do I see my play history to delete that I want my real wrapped 2019 

We need answers I have a similar thing going on

I am also having this problem, one of my tops song of 2019 changes half way through my wrapped to have a Good Day Sir by the Garden (which I would agree with) to a random song I have never heard of called "Can't Get Over You." Have a good day Sir is not shown on my playlist but the other one is.

Just got mine. It’s all working fine for me. My most listened to artist was Green Day. Top song was Restless Heart Syndrome By Green Day. 

Same here. 3 first songs "most played by me" are the songs I've never heard, and actually, they are terrible. And the weirdest thing is, that the "wrap story thingy" told me, that the first song on that playlist is my favourite song/artist, that I have listened for 16 HOURS... Which is really far from reality (like 16 hours away from reality). I don't need sleep, I need answers! 

Yep i am trying to click on it and nothing comes up

Hey @wx-3k6s2_f3k9

Thanks for reaching out.

Please answer the following questions:

1. Do you share your account with anyone else?
  2. Do you often leave Spotify playing in the background (and not noticing what's currently playing)?
  3. Have you ever left your account available at a party/gathering, so people can add tracks to play?

Thanks 🙂

MaximSpotify Star
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hey @HadenModisett ,

Thanks for reaching out.

Please answer the following questions:

1. Do you share your account with anyone else?
  2. Do you often leave Spotify playing in the background (and not noticing what's currently playing)?
  3. Have you ever left your account available at a party/gathering, so people can add tracks to play?

If you believe that someone has taken over your account, please check out this support article.

Thanks 🙂

MaximSpotify Star
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I have exactly the same thing, no matter how many times I tap, nothing happens.

You are probably using Chrome, I had the same problem. Turn off your adblocker (if you have it installed) and try it on Firefox... that did the trick in my case. 

Just did my spotify wrapped up and It’s never been more inaccurate😂majority of songs that’s are in my summary and my actual playlist I haven’t listened to in forever. My top artists aren’t right either I know who I’ve been listening to religiously and it’s not them nor those few in my top haha. 

I don’t know why it’s like that, just gutted because I know the songs that are in my wrapped up are almost the same as last year yet my music changed this year to last. My overall pic summary just has songs I haven’t listened to since last year same with the artists so Idk just isn’t accurate would be nice to be able to delete artists from the wrapped up when there are mistakes like this and then have like an algorithm that works out for itself who could be in the top artists etc. Using my recent data and not my old data😂🤷🏽‍♀️

Premium

Norway

In my wrapped decade playlist, there are songs and artists that I have never listened to before, and I don't share my Spotify account with anyone. There are some songs that I recognize, but most of the songs are songs that I know have been very popular in my region, especially this past year, but I have never listened to them on Spotify. I really looked forward to this playlist, so it was a major disappointment when the playlist doesn't reflect my decade at all. 

yep me too
got an email today, tap it and nothing happened. opened it from browser, it redirect me to top 2019 playlist instead of 2019 wrapped

surprisingly, it worked when i try to open it using incognito browser

Suggested posts