Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

My 2019 Wrapped show an artist that I never heard

Solved!

My 2019 Wrapped show an artist that I never heard

My 2019 Wrapped show an artist that I never heard. Most of the songs played comes from this artist, but I do t even know him. 

is there any away to see stats about my account? Or devices connected with my account ? im wondering if somebody else is using my account. 

Thanks 

79 Replies

I've never listened the majority of the songs on my list. Need to scroll quite a bit to find one I recognise.

To answer the questions:
1: No, don't share my account

2: No, haven't let friends tinker with my spotify

3: Don't know if account was compromised, but reset a few months ago. Definitely haven't listened to the songs on 2019-11-23 !

2019-12-10_15-51-17.png

I listen to metal almost exclusively, meanwhile my "best of the decade" playlist doesn't include a single metal band. It does, however, include what I assume is nothing but pop and hip hop, since I don't recognize a single artist beyond red hot chili peppers and radiohead. (neither of which I can recall ever listening to on Spotify)

My "Top songs of..." playlists since I joined in 2016 are mostly metal or dark electronic music, so why is the decade suggestion so far off base?

I've been following this thread just hoping someone from Spotify would offer a solution or SOMETHING, literally anything would help at this point. But I saw this post and wanted to throw out there that I had a bunch of Red Hot Chili Peppers in my playlist too! Them and some explicit rap dude that I've never even heard of dominated my list. Super **bleep**.
Marked as solution

Hey folks,

Thanks for posting about this!

If you noticed inaccurate results in your Wrapped, check this article to clarify how this could have happened.

If you witnessed unexpected behavior on your account while checking your Wrapped, then have a look at this article and make sure to follow the steps featured in it.

Hope this helps. Let us know!

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hey folks,

"Thanks for posting about this!

If you noticed inaccurate results in your Wrapped, check this article to clarify how this could have happened.

If you suspect that your account might have been taken over, then have a look at this article and make sure to follow the steps featured in it.

Hope this helps. Let us know!"

I have checked my accounts most played artist through: short, medium and long term through your own API and the artist that's on my list has NOT been played on my account at all. Never and not once before the list published. 

Sorry - nothing in those articles is applicable.

Hey @gnunard,

Just to confirm, when it comes to your issue are you referring to the "Your Top Songs 2019" or "Best of the Decade for You" playlist?

@lordvader82, if the articles haven't helped, could you maybe tell us a bit more about what you're experiencing?

Thanks for keeping us up to date guys!

Mario Moderator

@mario "Your Top Songs 2019"

The topic is NOT solved, please revert the Solved status.

I have even 2 "YourTopSongs2019" playlists showing in my account, one is definitely mine reflecting my most played tunes and the other consists 90% of songs I have never listened to. 

Clearly Spotify **bleep** up, but wants to make us believe our accounts have been compromised, which raises another quite delicate question. 

I've also created a separate topic in case both issues aren't related..

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Your-Library/2-quot-YourTopSongs2019-quot-playlists/td-p/4870984

Screenshot 2019-12-11 at 11.39.00.png

Hey @gnunard,

Thanks for getting back to us.

The post was marked as a solution since it features the most relevant available info on the matter in a way that helps our users to see it straight away.

About your experience with the "Your Top Songs 2019", we're sorry to hear that's the case and that you didn't find the info we shared helpful.

We're passing feedback along to the right teams about this and will be working on improving the experience for next year.

Thanks for following up and staying with us on this guys!​​​​​​​

Mario Moderator
Moved:

This post was removed for violating the Community Terms and Conditions, specifically point 8. For more information please read here: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Community-Blog/Spotify-Community-Guidelines/ba-p/27

@mario

This is definitely not solved. The widespread nature of the problem seems to indicate there is an issue on spotify's end. There's also a huge thread about this on reddit.

@mario

These articles don't help. The issue we're facing isn't that 'the songs we expect to see aren't there'. The problem is that there are some songs there saying they've been played for MULTIPLE HOURS when this is clearly not possible

Hi @CRannoch,

Thanks for the follow-up on this.

Just to double-check, are these unrecognized songs part of the "Your Top Songs 2019" or of the "Best of the Decade for You" playlist in your Wrapped?

Could you also let us how you found out about how long these songs have been played for? 

We're looking forward to your update and we're here to help with anything else too!

Mario Moderator

As mentioned - lots of songs I don't recognise (99% I reckon).
Account not compromised.
Don't leave Spotity playing.
Don't let friends touch it.

The issue right now for me isn't even my 2019 wrapped, it's that I've changed my Facebook password (my account is linked to it) and logged out all devices, yet I STILL have Spotify telling me my On Repeat is all songs from a genre I never listen to. What I don't understand is first, how could my account could still be hacked into if my password is logging in through Facebook and I've changed it and Facebook says there's no odd logins and SECOND, why EVEN IF I was hacked how on Earth not only am I getting two daily mixes, every single day with no exception, of a genre and with artists I literally have never listened to or even heard of in my life. In addition to the fact that my On Repeat literally does not include a single artist I've heard of or listen to. Like... Even if I was hacked, how the **bleep** can I listen to all my playlists LITERALLY all day these past weeks and my On Repeat suddenly now doesn't include a single one????? Like it makes no sense and my "Recently Played" shows no evidence of this and my friends say they never see any weird listen history from me. Like I can't wrap my head around this, also like the content and order of my On Repeat and my Daily Mixes has not changed at all this past week which is also really weird. This article did not help me at all lol

My 2019 Wrapped playlist is also incorrect.
I don't recognize most of the songs.
I didn't share my account with anyone, I didn't leave Spotify turned on in the background.
Spotify - your solution is not a solution.
I'm very disappointed.
In the previous year the list was also incorrect.
Also, my decade playlist also contains most of the songs I don't know ...

• Hi, 

I’m back on this thread with what I’m assuming is a related issue. My Spotify unwrapped was all wrong, and it was really frustrating but I let it go, because no one else who had the same problem seemed to be getting any answers. But now I’m still noticing a problem with my “Your Favorite albums and songs” list. I don’t share my account, I don’t leave it running when I’m not listening, I am not connected to facebook etc. But it contains albums I haven’t listened to in years or albums that I only know one song on. And some of the artists I know, but are certainly not my “favorite“ or “most listend to” artists and songs. There are so many songs and artists that I listen to ALL THE TIME, consistently for months, that are not on the list. This shouldn’t be happening at a premium price. I realize you may not have the answers, but what are the updates from the “teams” the issue was reported to? If this is a separate issue from the Spotify Unwrapped one, please let me know so I can start a new thread. 

On the desktop version of Spotify, it shows the songs you have listened to the most over the last 30 days. As well, I know a program titled 'Receiptify' that gives you your most streamed songs over the last month, 6 months and all time. Oddly, my #1 for ALL TIME, and the last 30 days, is a song I do not recall ever listening to before. 

I'm curious as to how to change this or how it happened, as it's messing up my stats stuff. I guess we just gonna have to see until wrapped 2022 comes out and it tells me something. 

Suggested posts