Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

My Playlist's Name Was Taken Down

Solved!

My Playlist's Name Was Taken Down

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

I've had a playlist called Goth Essentials for about six or seven years now and received an email saying the name, picture, and description were taken down because it all violated guidelines. I tried putting the name, description, and picture back, same thing happened. I tried using a different name and picture, and the same thing happened again. I tried chatting with customer service, and they were of no help. Does anyone know what is going on with my playlist and why the name Goth Essentials is suddenly a problem?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @DanteCrossroad,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and welcome.

This type of issue is usually caused by some user reporting the playlist constantly. In this case, we'd recommend checking the playlist's privacy settings and setting it to private. In case you have the playlist added to your profile, you can also remove it to check if it makes any difference. You'll find the steps for the recommended processes here.

Also, a similar idea to prevent this from happening has already been suggested here and it's actually set as "Live Idea" - feel free to add your vote by hitting the "Thumbs up" button and subscribe to it! Any changes or updates will be posted in that thread.

Hope this helps. If you have any additional questions, don't hesitate to ask.

OscarDCModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @DanteCrossroad,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and welcome.

This type of issue is usually caused by some user reporting the playlist constantly. In this case, we'd recommend checking the playlist's privacy settings and setting it to private. In case you have the playlist added to your profile, you can also remove it to check if it makes any difference. You'll find the steps for the recommended processes here.

Also, a similar idea to prevent this from happening has already been suggested here and it's actually set as "Live Idea" - feel free to add your vote by hitting the "Thumbs up" button and subscribe to it! Any changes or updates will be posted in that thread.

Hope this helps. If you have any additional questions, don't hesitate to ask.

OscarDCModerator
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Thank you so much for the reply and for your patience in my getting back to you. I have one more question: if I make my playlist private, will its followers still have access to it? The verbiage under Playlist Privacy implies that, but I want to make sure I'm inferring correctly.

Hey @DanteCrossroad,

Thanks for getting back to us.

If you make your playlist private - your playlist followers won't have access to it and won't be able to open it.

If you want your followers to be able to listen to your playlist, you can leave it public, however, you should make sure that it's not shown on your profile. "Remove from profile" option is located in the three dot menu of the playlist. This could help with the list stop getting reported, but we can't guarantee that. 

Hope this helps. Take care!

LyubkaModerator

Suggested posts