My Spotify account won't play specific songs

Plan

Premium

Device

Google Pixel 6, MacBook Pro 2019

Operating System

Android 12, macOS Big Sur 11.6.4

My Question or Issue

My account won't play specific songs from the Piku EP by Anupam Roy. It won't play tracks 1, 2, 3, and 5, but track 4 will play. I tried asking my friends to see if they had the same issue, and they don't. This is how I realised it's a specific issue on my account. I have attached a screen recording which shows that it won't play the tracks, except the 4th one.

Untitled.gif

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @bhanuja,

Thanks for the reply and the link.

We've checked this backstage and the EP is available both in UK and India. This was a necessary first step.

Looking at the artists listed, I can see that Anupam Roy is listed in tracks 1,2,3 and 5. On your mobile, can you go to Anupam Roy's artist profile, click the 3-dot menu and check if you've blocked the artist by any chance? If they're blocked, you should see a button saying: "Allow to play this". Click that to un-block them.

If the artist is blocked, the app won't allow you to play any tracks from them.

Let me know if this helps.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Hi there @bhanuja,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community. 

Can you perform a clean reinstall of the app? This will make sure there's no old cache files causing this.

On another note, can you let us know if this occurs on one specific device or multiple devices?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Hi Jeremy,

I've performed the clean reinstall multiple times, and this is still occurring. Also, it's on all the devices that I log into. My friends, with their own accounts can play these songs.

Thanks.

Hey @bhanuja,

Thanks for the reply.

Can you let us know the country on your Spotify account and send us a link/ URI to the EP? We'll check backstage if this content is available currently.

Looking forward to your reply.

AlexModerator

I've tried listening to this in the UK and in India. This is the URI for the EP: https://open.spotify.com/album/3CUze5uhJuLcEYfgU4x4w1?si=NuZk2ui1QpGUXS6KQxGuZw

The content should be available, because it plays for other accounts.

Thanks

Marked as solution

Hey @bhanuja,

Thanks for the reply and the link.

We've checked this backstage and the EP is available both in UK and India. This was a necessary first step.

Looking at the artists listed, I can see that Anupam Roy is listed in tracks 1,2,3 and 5. On your mobile, can you go to Anupam Roy's artist profile, click the 3-dot menu and check if you've blocked the artist by any chance? If they're blocked, you should see a button saying: "Allow to play this". Click that to un-block them.

If the artist is blocked, the app won't allow you to play any tracks from them.

Let me know if this helps.

AlexModerator

Oh that worked, I didn't even know that was a feature. Thank you so much for your help!

Is there a way that I can check for other blocked artists? I might have done that by accident.

Hey @bhanuja,

Thanks for the reply.

Glad to hear that worked 🙂

There currently isn't a list view of all blocked artists after the redesign of Your Library on iOS and Android, you can still identify which artists are blocked on their respective profile pages in the mobile app.

Other users have also suggested that it would be a good idea to have the blocked content visible in a folder in Your Library, however it didn't gather enough votes to advance this request to the developers at this time. If this is something you'd like to see implemented in the future, we suggest you add your vote and comments to the idea here, and once it picks up the necessary votes it will be officially reviewed internally.

You'll also find all the relevant info about our Idea Exchange and how the Community feedback reaches Spotify here if you'd like to know more about the topic.

If you need a hand with anything else, the Community is here for you.

AlexModerator

Suggested posts