Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

My Wrapped Decade Playlist shows artists I have marked with "I don't like artist X"

My Wrapped Decade Playlist shows artists I have marked with "I don't like artist X"

My Question or Issue

What's wrong with the playlist of the decade in "Wrapped 2019"? It's just filled with local pop hits. I listen to maybe around five bands from my own country (in this case Finland) and I've pressed "I don't like artist X" on most of these artists on the list in (old) Daily Mixes and Discover Weekly. And yet the description dares to say that this playlist is "tailored for me". Please fix this be either actually tailoring a playlist of the decade for me (my top genre is metalcore and 4/5 of my top genres were some kind of metal) or remove the list and give us "Local hits of the decade"-list.

11 Replies

I have the same problem. Almost all songs are songs that have been popular in my region and most of them are from this year.

Same problem with mine. Spotify I love you and my 2019 playlist is spot on but my decade one is full of stuff I never listen to. Please fix and make the decade playlist personal to me. I was so excited to go through all my favs from over the years but was very disappointed when I scrolled through it. Many Thanks

Hey there,

I'd recommend reading through this article about Your Wrapped 2019.

In that article, check out the "Is the ‘Best of the Decade For you’ playlist regionalized?" section 🙂

Keep in mind that your generated playlist is tailored based on your regional music. This could be the reason why you are seeing local pop hits in it.

Thanks!

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Then it’s really misleading calling it a playlist «for you», when the 2019 wrapped is called the same thing and actually is your own music. Why not make one for the decade as well when they have all the statistics? Really dissapointing..

Yeah, this is really misleading. It's more of a promoted local hits playlist that music editors would like you to listen to than anything else.

This is so f-ing stupid, why not give me a list of what's actually _my_ songs of the decade? The list you gave me now is complete nonsense with a mix of 200 songs from artists I've listened to maybe once or twice and some I've never even heard of.

But I'm not surprised, it somehow completes the path that Spotify have taken this last decade. Changes to the service that makes the experience worse by removing well functioning features and replaced them with or adding new ones that seems to have been made up in a pipe dream.

"This is a new playlist that compiles the best tracks of the 2010s as picked by Spotify editors, tuned to your listening tastes." is what is said about the playlist and as said, on my list there are artists I have explicitily told I don't like.

Of course in the next paragraph, where they tell it's regionalized, I can see a huge issue where Spotify can't just hire huge amount of people with different tastes from every country in the world so while working with local editors they might end up with really shallow collection of musical genres to suggest on your list especially in small countries (like Finland in my case). Also I've noticed that at least with smaller countries Spotify regards local music as a genre even if musically there are huge amount genres for very different people.

Butthis is why I feel like Spotify should put more money on algorithms and less on people who think what's trending.

Same problem here. Literally less than 1/3 of the songs are ones I've saved. More than half are songs I've never heard, and 1/4 is from artists I've never heard of. So mad about this. Literally what is so hard about just making one for each person, just like the annual Wrapped?

And how do you determine my region? I go to school in Utah but I'd say DC is my hometown region. There is way too much country out here in the desert, and that shows in my playlist. I don't like this dumbass music. What a joke.

I’m sorry...but Taylor Swift is not an artist I enjoy. Same with One Direction and Miranda Lambert. So very very disappointed in Spotify. I guess I’ll head on over to Last.fm and make a “real” decade Playlist of the music I listened to. I guess the more “corporate” Spotify gets, the more disappointments that pop up.

Spotify - music is personal. It’s a slice of an individual’s soul. Please, don’t ever mess with me like this again.

Kristina Frazier-Henry

Does anyone know where to find the spotify playlist links for decades based on other regions? I mean we can all make our decades public and share. So should be possible to just find people with similar taste in the regions we prefer to listen to?

mine was filled with taylor swift, miranda lambert, the lumineers, one direction.... all artists that I really don't like and have never listened to except when they come up accidentally and then I skip it. Definitely not tailored to my music tastes. My top genre was punk and there were zero punk songs in my decades playlist. Just pop/country bs

Suggested posts