Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

My account has stopped updating my "What's new" screen at top right of home

My account has stopped updating my "What's new" screen at top right of home

My Spotify has developed this issue where the what's new screen that I would normally refer to to find the newest podcasts from podcasters that I follow has stopped updating completely.
It update till about 5pm and then stopped updating and removed podcasts that had been uploaded in the last 2 or so hours, leaving the most recent podcast visible one from several hours prior.
I know for a fact more podcasts had been uploaded in the meantime as i would still get the push notifications for them and i can find them when i go on the podcasts page specifically.
I have logged out on mobile and pc and followed the clean reinstall guide but the problem still persists.
Thanks in advance for any help
4 Replies

Hey there @Cuartze

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

You mentioned that you already tried logging out from your account and logging back in, but we recommend that you try that again, this time, twice in a row. This will trigger a sync between your account and device. 

If this doesn't do the trick, would you mind sending us some screenshots of what you're seeing on your end? You can attach them to your next response by using the Insert image option in the post editor. Make sure not to send any private info.

We'll be on the lookout for your reply.

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Hi, 

I attempted the log in solution suggested several attempts as well as the clean uninstall/reinstalls but to no avail and there is still a desync occurring. 

For example this podcast of "The Daily" as seen below is available on "The daily"'s page (pic 1)  but not on my mobile app's "What's New" page (pic 2). It is also not visible on the "New Episode" section on desktop (pic 3).

Additionally, the episode of "Affaires Etrangères" (the purple/pink podcast, fourth from left) is still visible on my desktop despite having unfollowed it several months ago.

This desync has been happening over several days and although any new episode will eventually become visible on the "what's new" screen it will be delayed by nearly a whole day.

It does appear to be desync but having uninstalled several times I cannot think what else I can do.

Thanks in advance.

Screenshot_20230226-211402_Spotify.jpg     Screenshot_20230226-211313_Spotify.jpg

671357fb-0f7d-4d2c-a66a-33dac77819be.png

I have had the same issue across all podcasts I follow. For past 3 days have gone into each podcast to get new ones as none are show on the What's new bell when released, some show up 1-2 days later and I think some have still not shown up

Hey folks, 

Thanks for sending us this info. 

@Cuartze, we tried to replicate this with the same podcast you mentioned, but it worked fine on our end. In this case, could you let us know the exact make/model, operating system and Spotify version of your devices where you're experiencing this? Also, does this happen with every podcast you follow?

@Slim8, could you send us the URIs of the podcasts you're experiencing this with? Also, could you let us know the exact make/model, operating system and Spotify version of your devices? Lastly, sending us a screenshot of what you're seeing on your end would come in handy. You can attach it to your next response by using the Insert image option in the post editor. Make sure not to send any private info.

We'll be on the lookout for more reports about this so we can pass it to the right team to be looked into. In the meanwhile, we suggest that you make sure to keep the app updated. 

Keep us posted.

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Suggested posts