Step 1

NEXT STEP

My huge playlist lags the app when I use the search

Solved!

My huge playlist lags the app when I use the search

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

I have this playlist:  https://open.spotify.com/playlist/3O7qU62TFYAVielEZWQx93?si=YYE7wMl9RKief6QZKXHU0Q

When I use the search, the Spotify begins to have lag. It searches very slow, lag when changing of song or advancing the song... I've to reopen always the app.

It happens in all my computers.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @Angel_Luis,

Thanks for getting back to us.

Congratulations on the impressive music collection! Experiencing delayed performance when searching/ making alterations to very large playlists (over a thousand songs) is expected, since the system is constantly trying to update information in real time. Our developer team is aware of this and they're working on improving the experience.

We cannot say when or if this will be solved, but we recommend keeping your app up to date, as software improvements come with every update. 

As a workaround we recommend splitting your large playlists into smaller ones and regularly clearing the cache of the app and your PC in general.

Hope you find this useful. Keep us posted if you have any questions.

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

9 Replies

Hey @Angel_Luis,

Thank you for your post.

We currently have an ongoing issue with Spotify becoming unresponsive when using Search. You can follow the steps in there to try and solve this and if the issue persists you can leave a +VOTE and Subscribe to the thread for any updates.

You can also try to perform a clean reinstall of the app. This will make sure there's no old cache files causing this.

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Hi, thanks for your reply.

It's not the same problem. 

My problem is the lag. It doesn't crash, simply when I search something it takes long. It's about the search engine, that doesn't indexes my songs. 

Spotify should create some system for auto-index the search queries in big playlists like mine.

Hey @Angel_Luis,

Thanks for getting back to us 🙂

You can have a look in our Idea Exchange to see if someone else has already made a similar suggestion about a system for auto-index the search queries in big playlists. If there isn't one, you can give try these steps and submit your idea. That way other users can support it. Rest assured that the higher the number of votes an idea gets, the more likely it is for it to be implemented.   

We'd suggest you also try with another device that is not PC to check if the issue persists. Are there any changes?

Also, does the issue persist when you also try searching in small playlists?

Keep us posted! If you have questions, we are here for you.

Ver Moderator

The idea is already submitted. Apparently it only happens with Windows 10 computers.

Hey there @Angel_Luis,

Thank you for your reply.

Can you log in with another account - such as a friend's or a family member's to see if the issue persist?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

They use Mac or Android. I've asked to someone of my followers. 

If someone of this community can try out in Windows 10, the url is: https://open.spotify.com/playlist/3O7qU62TFYAVielEZWQx93?si=6wukQH50QiCQE6UBkoVUjA

Marked as solution

Hey @Angel_Luis,

Thanks for getting back to us.

Congratulations on the impressive music collection! Experiencing delayed performance when searching/ making alterations to very large playlists (over a thousand songs) is expected, since the system is constantly trying to update information in real time. Our developer team is aware of this and they're working on improving the experience.

We cannot say when or if this will be solved, but we recommend keeping your app up to date, as software improvements come with every update. 

As a workaround we recommend splitting your large playlists into smaller ones and regularly clearing the cache of the app and your PC in general.

Hope you find this useful. Keep us posted if you have any questions.

Mihail Moderator

Thank you, I'll accept your reply as response as the developer team knows that. 

I've the playlist separated in another 6 public playlists depending of the genre but people in general like to have all the songs in the same place. So for that I keep that large playlist.

Also thank you to all the moderators that have tried to help me.

I totally agree with the problem indicated by @Angel_Luis exactly the same thing happens to me. My playlist has more than 7000 songs and when I do a search on my computer (windows 10) the app slows down too much.

By the way @Angel_Luis, I have been a faithful follower of your list for a long time (I no longer remember where I found it) and it is wonderful, you have helped me find many songs that I did not know. Congratulations!!

Suggested posts