Step 1

NEXT STEP

My playlist says it has more songs than it actually does

My playlist says it has more songs than it actually does

Premium

USA

iphone 6

ios

I have a playlist that says it has a lot more songs than it actually does. I add songs from podcasts sometimes and when they get removed by spotify, they get removed from my playlist but the number of songs still stay the same. I'm afraid that I will hit 10k songs soon and I won't be able to use that playlist anymore. Can someone reset the number of songs somehow or make it so the number goes down whenver songs are removed?

6 Replies

Hey there @Hudson0406!

Thanks for reaching out to us on the Community.

First we'd suggest logging out > restarting your device > logging back in. It's a good idea to do this twice to sync up all the info with the system.

If you still see the wrong number of tracks, could you let us know if that appears on all devices you use or only on your iPhone?

When it comes to the podcasts - can you still see them when you toggle on "Show unavailable songs in playlists" in your app's Settings? If you do, you'll need to remove the episodes from the playlists.

This is easiest to do in bulk on desktop by marking them by pressing down Ctrl+Shift and clicking on the first and last track you want to remove.

Keep us in the loop on this one!

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Well actually they don't show up, however, recently I had someone remove
them from Spotify. However, for the future, I think a good idea would be
for podcast episodes to be shown when you toggle show unavailable songs and
also the wrong # of songs is only shown on my phone, however other sites
that I am that are for spotify playlists show that my playlist has more
than it actually does.

Hi there! I know this is not a full solution (because I'm currently trying to figure it out myself) but I have found in the past that I have this issue when a stack of songs in my playlist are removed from Spotify. I've started using a website (http://www.spotunplayable.com/) that searches whichever playlist you want and lists the songs that have been removed. While it has not wholly removed the issue for me, it certainly helped a bit. Hope it works for you!

Hey @Hudson0406,

Thanks for getting back to us.

If this issue still occurs on your phone, we'd suggest to give these steps a go and run a clean reinstall. By doing that you can make sure the app is up-to-date and the cache is not causing this issue.

You can also check these steps on how to submit your idea. That way other users can also support it. Rest assured that higher the number of votes an idea gets, the more likely it is for it to be implemented. 

If you have questions, you know where to find us.

Stay safe! 

Ver Moderator

I’m having the same issue with one of my playlists. The number is wrong because a podcast got deleted but when I click “show unavailable songs” it’s not even there to delete off. It’s really annoying and it shows up like this on all my platforms. any way to fix this?

Hey @Mitherrim,

Thanks for the post.

Currently there is no manual way to mend this.

The number of tracks will most likely update in the future. If you don't want to wait, you can copy the tracks from this playlist and place them into a new one.

Hope this info helps.

AlexModerator

Suggested posts