My playlist says it has more songs than it actually does

Highlighted

My playlist says it has more songs than it actually does

Gig Goer

Premium

USA

iphone 6

ios

I have a playlist that says it has a lot more songs than it actually does. I add songs from podcasts sometimes and when they get removed by spotify, they get removed from my playlist but the number of songs still stay the same. I'm afraid that I will hit 10k songs soon and I won't be able to use that playlist anymore. Can someone reset the number of songs somehow or make it so the number goes down whenver songs are removed?

2 Replies
Highlighted

Re: My playlist says it has more songs than it actually does

Hey there @Hudson0406!

Thanks for reaching out to us on the Community.

First we'd suggest logging out > restarting your device > logging back in. It's a good idea to do this twice to sync up all the info with the system.

If you still see the wrong number of tracks, could you let us know if that appears on all devices you use or only on your iPhone?

When it comes to the podcasts - can you still see them when you toggle on "Show unavailable songs in playlists" in your app's Settings? If you do, you'll need to remove the episodes from the playlists.

This is easiest to do in bulk on desktop by marking them by pressing down Ctrl+Shift and clicking on the first and last track you want to remove.

Keep us in the loop on this one!

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Highlighted

Re: My playlist says it has more songs than it actually does

Gig Goer
Well actually they don't show up, however, recently I had someone remove
them from Spotify. However, for the future, I think a good idea would be
for podcast episodes to be shown when you toggle show unavailable songs and
also the wrong # of songs is only shown on my phone, however other sites
that I am that are for spotify playlists show that my playlist has more
than it actually does.
SUGGESTED POSTS