Free

Country

UK

Device

iPhone 8

Operating System

iOS 13.3

My Question or Issue

Hello, I recently moved from Australia to the UK. When logging into my Spotify app from my phone I noticed that all my playlists had disappeared (I had about 3). I read somewhere that you need to update your country through Spotify desktop and recover playlists but this doesn't seem to have worked. What am I doing wrong?

17 Replies

Hi @stephtogias

Thank you for reaching out here in the Community!

If you're on Spotify Free you can use Spotify in a different country for up to 14 days.

To continue listening after 14 days, you can change your country settings:

1. Log in to your account page
  2. Click EDIT PROFILE
  3. Scroll down to Country and select your new country from the dropdown list.
    Note: Your new country only shows when you’re actually there.
  4. Click SAVE PROFILE.

You can also upgrade to Premium to listen anywhere for as long as you want without having to change country settings. 

For more details on how to recover your playlists, check this Support article

I hope it helps!

Hi Emilia- thanks for your reply. I've updated my country in my account settings but that hasn't worked 😞
Am I missing something?

Hi @stephtogias

Has the country not updated after clicking SAVE PROFILE

Could you try doing the same but in an incognito/private mode in your browser? You can use different device if possible. 

Also, make sure you are not using a VPN.

You can check as well what's your IP address. You can just google it and check if it shows the correct country. 

Let me know how it goes!

Hi Emilia

Thanks for the tips.

I can see that my country has been updated to United Kingdom but I still don't have access to my previous playlists. When I try to "recover playlists" there is an error.

MY IP address is definitely set to UK.

Hi @stephtogias

It's great that your current country has been updated!

Could you try to recover your playlists in an incognito window? If possible, you can try different device as well. Then you can also make sure if the playlists are not displayed on that device. 

If the issue persists, can you send a screenshot of the error page? 

I'll keep an eye out for your reply!

And one more thing @stephtogias

It's possible to create multiple accounts, so make sure you're logged in to the right one. 

I'd recommend following the steps provided here

Hey Emilia

I tried recovering in an incognito window and I get this error;

Hi @stephtogias

There's no screenshot attached. 

You can edit your previous reply or send the screenshot in a new on 😉

Make sure there's no sensitive info displayed. 

Hi Emilia

Here is the screenshot again for you..

Screen Shot 2020-01-03 at 09.59.50.png

Hi @stephtogias

Thank you for the screenshot!

Does this happen only with one particular playlist after clicking RESTORE? If so, do you know roughly how many songs were in that playlist?

Or does the error occur when you just open the Recover Playlists page?

Hi Emilia

The error occurs when I open the recover playlists page.

I can’t see any of my playlists listed. I had three playlists with at least 20 songs on each.

Steph

Hello @stephtogias

Thanks for confirming. 

Could you check for any secondary accounts you might have? It's possible to create multiple accounts, so make sure you're logged in to the right one while trying to recover your playlists. 

I'd recommend following the steps provided here

Let me know how it goes!

Hey @stephtogias,

We haven't heard from you in a while!

We just wanted to check in with you and see if you were able to resolve your issue with the help of the steps which @Emilia_8 provided.

If not, let us know and we'll see what else we can suggest.

Thanks - keep us posted!

1. Hey, I’m faced with a similar issue. I recently changed my location from India to the UK. I had 14 off playlists with songs which I’m unable to recover. I changed my location on my desktop too but it doesn’t seem to have worked. Can you help me out please? Thanks so much in advance!

Hi there @TSM1,

Thank you for your reply.

In this case we suggest that you follow the other steps that was provided, such as checking if you have multiple accounts and also see if you can recover your playlists in an private/incognito window?

If that doesn't do the trick, can you let us know the names of the playlists (that you remember)?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Hi 

i recently went on a 4 week holiday from the UK to New Zealand and was using Spotify free in that time 

After two weeks of using my UK account I changed my region to New Zealand after I did this I lost my 15+ playlists but also had playlist from the last time I visited NZ I have now returned and changed my region back but haven’t regained my old playlists

i have tried logging into different accounts but the same thing happened 

I think I had two accounts under one email if that’s possible because my username doesn’t look the same what should I do?

Hey @Harvey17,

Welcome to the Community!

Playlists shouldn't just disappeared even if you travel or change the country of your account, so it does sound like you have more than one Spotify account. To check if that's the case for sure and to locate the correct one, take a look here.

If you think you have two accounts linked to the same email address, but with different usernames and you're having issues accessing both, you can try resetting the password by entering the different username in the password reset form and should receive an email to the same email address. However, as this can cause confusion in the future, we recommend reaching out directly to our colleagues that can check things out backstage, because we can unfortunately not do so here. 

Hope this helps and let us know if you have any questions 🙂

IvelinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts