Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Neil Young music in my library no longer playable?!

Neil Young music in my library no longer playable?!

Plan

Premium

Device: Macbook Air, SmartTV, Cell phone
Operating System: MacOS, LG WebOS, Android

My Question or Issue

Saw something go by on facebook about Neil Young and Spotify - didn't believe it, so came to look.

Yeah, previously enjoyed Neil Young tracks in my library are no longer playable.

What's up with this, please?

7 Replies

Neil asked Spotify to remove Joe Rogan's podcast for spreading false Covid-19 information or take down his music. They chose to take down his music.

Oh wow, that's not good 😞

Use the chat to register your complaint with spotify. They're on the wrong side of history here.

On with them now!!

20 minutes and 3 "agents" later ...

"Thanks for waiting! We’d love to have all these music available on Spotify - and hopefully one day we will! But some content is not currently available.

Reasons for this vary: Sometimes agreements are ongoing or can’t be reached with an artist, label, or content provider; or ownership of a track, album, video, or podcast may change hands such that it’s removed from Spotify."

- AND -

"Thousands of minutes of content are being added to Spotify every day. If you can’t find something you’re looking for now, it may reappear soon!"

Good riddance Neil Young is gone. Can’t stand people who try to force their beliefs on others! Don’t like what Joe Rogan has to say? Don’t listen! If you do listen, maybe you’ll learn something, eh?

Bring back Neil Young!

Suggested posts