Premium

Country

USA

Device

Galaxy S9+ (Android Auto)

Operating System

Android O

My Question or Issue

Newly created liked songs playlist doesn't shownup in Android auto . This is needed for the ability to view songs easily .

12 Replies

I don't think that the Android Auto variant has caught up to the new update yet. I believe that since the old "songs" folder is now the liked songs playlist that the opposite is true on Android Auto. In other words, on Android Auto, there is a selection for songs which should be the same list as the liked songs playlist. Just how they name these things hasn't caught up to the new update yet.

The "songs" option exists on android auto still but does not have the most recent added songs first. Seems to sort by non alpha/non numeric songs, then numeric, then alpha.

Hopefully once android auto updates to "liked songs" this will be resolved 

Premium

Uk

Device

OnePlus 6

Operating System

Android 9

Since Spotify changed saved songs and renamed it to liked songs which is now found under the playlists tab the 'liked' songs do not show using android auto (Ford). Does anyone else have this issue?

Basically when you press 'songs' on the android auto screen it takes you to an old playlist where the name started with songs? It's getting pretty annoying that to play my liked songs I have to start them playing on the phone not via the cars touch screen.

Hey @uk_toon.

Thanks for reaching out to us about this!

First, do you mind trying a quick reinstall of both the Spotify and Android Auto apps on your phone? This can solve a lot of common issues our users experience.

If that doesn't work, could you get back to us with your exact Spotify and Android Auto versions? We'll take a closer look 😉

Hello, uninstalled both Spotify and Android auto and reinstalled. It just doesn't like "liked songs" it seems to play some other random playlist. Even when using "ok Google" it doesn't find it. 

Android auto steps:

Music 

Spotify

Your library

'songs' doesn't play liked songs playlist.

Even going in 

Music 

Spotify 

Your library

Playlists = liked songs non existent.

New versions of android auto and Spotify as latest on playstore.

If it is playing it then it's playing it a completely random order not as per "recently added" sort.

Thanks

Hey @uk_toon,

Thanks for getting back to us with that info.

We can confirm that what you described is expected behaviour: you will find your saved songs (the same ones that appear in your Liked Songs playlist) under Your Library > Songs.

We will pass on your feedback about this discrepancy to the relevant teams.

Just to clarify: the songs that you find in Songs are the same ones as those saved in the Liked Songs playlist. As @chitty mentioned, these are sorted alphabetically unless they are shuffled.

Thanks! Let us know if you have any questions about this 🙂

Hi, 

Why on earth is it now alphabetically sorted?
If i add new songs i randomly discover , of course 

i want them to show up FIRST in Liked Songs, as it worked

before. Please fix this. 

I always get to my liked songs Via Songs in AA in my Nissan. I frequently add songs to this playlist to play in my car. Now i have to use my phone to get to these songs and not use the head unit as it will only do the Numeric then Alpha titled songs. Which kind of defeats the whole idea of Android Auto and not touching your phone and totally different than how it used to be.

LG V30+

Android 8

Latest released AA and Spotify

For me this is not much of an issue because any song I add to the liked songs list I want it to blend into the mix. I always listing to songs in my car in shuffle.

However, if they're going to update the app, the app's behavior, the naming convention, and how they expect the user to interact with it, then they need to update how it works in Android Auto to be aligned with that. Songs in AA should be called Liked Songs. If the default in the main app is most recent first, then it should be the same in AA. Clicking on the search for the numeric/alpha should result in numeric/alpha order, but only after clicking on the search button.

Also, there are no hearts or dislike buttons. The old plus sign adds to the old song library (which is now suppose to be the new Liked Songs playlist). I can deal with that for now. But I like being able to tell Spotify when I dislike something. This feature is not available in AA yet.

Additionally, I just started to try some podcasts. I found a couple and "followed" them. For me, the best time to listen to a podcast is in the car. However, no podcasts are found using AA—not even in the Spotify Home Screen within AA. One of their biggest pushes for the recent app update is podcasts. But this feature is not available in AA.

So to sum up, Spotify needs to update the Android Auto version of their app to reflect the user experience of the main app.

Hi @Peter,

Can we have an option to sort by most recently added? Liked songs are normally on the fly likes. I don't want to shuffle or have it sorted alphabetically if i saved a song today and have to use my phone to find it whilst driving or get lucky on shuffle/scroll through. 

Sounds like a basic function that existed and then changed for no apparent reason.

Hey @chitty,

Thanks for reaching out to us about this 🙂

If you'd like to suggest this idea for consideration, make sure to head to the Idea Exchange here and first see if there's a similar idea already.

If there isn't, feel free to go ahead and create a new one. The more users that vote for the idea, the more likely it is to be implemented in the future.

Hope that helps! Let us know if you have any further questions 😉

Just adding my vote/feedback to have the playlist name "Liked Songs" appear like that in Android Auto, and also default to sorting by 'most recently liked'.  This is how Google music works on Android Auto and it's the best approach.

Thanks.

Suggested posts