Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

New Releases For You gona AGAIN!!!

New Releases For You gona AGAIN!!!

Why does this happen so often? Why is this section constantly disappearing or in a sifferent place? Why am I constantly searching for the most fundamental feature of this app? What the **bleep** are the ui/ux people smoking there? Why is the only answer ever reinstall the damn app? PUT NEW RELEASES FOR YOU IN A DEDICATED SIDEBAR TAB - I am so sick of going through this over and over and am getting close to switching to Apple Music. Seriously, this is awful and a known issue for years (I am guessing they do it on purpose because of some profit motivated shenanigans which is gross and terrible).

14 Replies

Hey @This-App-Stinks

Thanks for searching for the answer you need here! 

If you can't see the New Releases hub appearing as expected after accessing the Search section of the app, first step we recommend is running a clean reinstall of the Spotify app. This is different than a simple reinstall for being more thorough in removing corrupted data that could prevent the app from operating at full capacity. 

We also suggest having a look at this Live Idea for implementing a separate New Releases section in the Spotify library. Feel free to support it by adding your +VOTE and clicking on Subscribe in the three-dots menu at the top right corner next to the title to stay up-to-date with any news about this. It’s also worth knowing that the higher the number of votes an idea gets, the more likely it is for the idea to be implemented.

We always take new ideas and feedback into consideration to improve the app. Here you can read more on how ideas work.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any questions.  

I am looking for the “New Releases FOR YOU” section. I did a clean reinstall of the app and its not there. Why is does this continue to be a problem for years and years and years. My patience is running thin and Apple Music is starting to look damn tempting.

Hey @This-App-Stinks

Thanks for your reply. 

What you see in the app can differ sometimes since Spotify is testing new options and features. We’re always testing possible improvements, so you might see something on the app your friend doesn’t, or get a brand-new feature for only a temporary period. 

If you'd like to see the ''New Releases for You'' come back you can create an idea for that with the steps here. In the meantime you can navigate to Browse > New Releases to see some recent tracks and albums.

If anything else comes up, we're always a message away.

Cheers.

NovyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Appreciate it, but I don’t like this experience and its been ongoing. Gonna look into other music streaming options and consider switching to something like Apple Music… Spotify has a lot of UX issues and it seems to be getting worse and worse as time goes on. I don’t like being a guinea pig, but either way - how is making it extremely hard to find New Releases from Artists I Follow even a consideration? Its why I pay money for this service. Completely awful and backwards UX. But appreciate the reply, have a great day.

Hey @This-App-Stinks

Thanks for getting back to us. 

We're sorry to hear that you feel like this, and we understand where you're coming from. Keep in mind that you can still find new releases from artists you follow on your Release Radar, which you'll find in the Made For You section. 

Hope this helps. Don't hesitate to let us know if you have any other questions.

Have a good one.

NovyModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

Appreciate it, but as we have mentioned Release Radar is not a solution.

Hi @This-App-Stinks,

Thank you for your reply and feedback.

We're always testing things by adding or removing features to make Spotify better overall and we’re constantly aiming to improve our features. We’re sorry that this means you’re not able to use Spotify like you wish to do at the moment.

In this case we suggest that you head to the idea that @Ivan mentioned. If you have a more specific idea that you think will appeal to other users you can always create an idea on the relevant idea board. We always take new ideas and feedback into consideration to improve the app. 

You can read more about feedback reaches Spotify here.

Once again - thanks for the feedback, we appreciate it. Let us know if we can help you with anything else. 

Take care!

JeremyModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

as far as I understand, the New Releases in the Search section of the app are all new releases, or like, popular releases. I think what OP misses - and I do too - is the New Releases in the Home section. We used to have a section titled something along the lines of "New Releases for you" that had new songs and also albums that fit our individual taste in music / from artists we're following.
We may have new songs from those artists in the Release Radar, but if you don't follow the bands every move you may not realise they didn't just release a new song but a whole album. That section in the Home section of the app was perfect and kept me up to date with new releases.

Seriously... what is the product team at Spotify smoking? Yesterday I logged in and the "New Releases For You" section was back - out of nowhere - on my home page. Sure, it was buried at the bottom of a scroll underneath like 8 rows of stuff that Spotify wants to cram down my throat that I literally give zero sh*ts about - but at least its back. Log in this AM and of course - its gone. Here one day, gone the next. This is probably the worst user experience I have been subjected to - and I am subjected to Salesforce. My patience is hanging by a thread here, currently browsing https://www.apple.com/apple-music/ and noticing its 5 bucks cheaper.

Dude - just provide a consistent experience. Let me CHOOSE what I see in this damn app. The UX is single-handedly destroying my otherwise positive opinion of Spotify - Apple Music is 5 bucks cheaper.

Also, I hate this "go like an idea" response from Spotify. Its like the least satisfying canned customer support response ever (no offense, I know corporate prolly mandates these things).

Hey folks,

Thanks for searching for the answer you need here.

To avoid any confusion we wanted to clarify that the New releases for you can be found by navigating Search>Discover>scroll down. There you will find the latest from your favorite artists.

Search>New Releases will on the other hand show the latest entries in the Spotify catalogue. We welcome and appreciate your feedback about the position of these section and will take it into consideration while moving forward.

We also invite you to post any suggestions you may have regarding repositioning certain UI elements on our Idea Exchange using the steps posted above. This allows us to more accurately track how popular a certain suggestion is.

Hope this info is useful. Let us know if there's anything else we can help with.

Mihail Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Thanks for the answer... but this is just awful (and will it change tomorrow or next week out of nowhere like it has been?)... let me ask, why is making it as difficult to find MUSIC FROM BANDS I FOLLOW seemingly a core design goal for Spotify? Why do you change the UI from week to week, day to day. Absolutely terrible ux and ui, I genuinely wonder what is going on behind closed doors of the product team. I am guessing theres some kind of underhanded motivation to pump podcasts and mainstream releases over what we actually pay spotify a premium for.

So throughout the week "New Releases For You" was on my home screen... granted, it was annoyingly shoved to the bottom but at least it was there and I could find it. Today a day later, its gone - nowhere on the home screen and nowhere in search screen. This is absolutely insane. Can someone at Spotify please tell me wth they do this? This is like UX 101 fail. A/B testing is one thing but constantly moving this stuff around is FRUSTRATING. Seriously, why the **bleep** is this happening. Complete garbage app, the product team should be embarassed.

Suggested posts