New phone, local files not working

Solved!

New phone, local files not working

Device

Samsung Galaxy s21 ultra

PC

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

I bought a new phone a few months ago and after switching over, my local files stopped working. In my playlist/library the files are there, but they're grayed out with an exclamation point in a circle on them. They play just fine on my old phone as well as on desktop.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, I've also tried changing my folder location and "rebooting" the local file button, but not much has changed. If anyone has an idea on how to fix it, it'd be much appreciated!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I've figured it out, so for anyone who finds this in the future: my desktop's network was set to public, which made my firewall block it. I changed my network settings to private and restarted both on my phone and desktop, and now my local files will play on my phone.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Hey @Amaritori,

Thanks for the post.

You could try to allow Spotify all Permissions in the app settings on your phone.

If that doesn't help, do the following:

• Disconnect both your phone and PC from your network
  • Create a mobile hotspot from your phone and connect both devices to it (keep both apps open)
  • Disable and re-enable the local files on your pc
  • Try to download the playlist you've added local files to on your phone 

Let us know if that makes a difference.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi!

I've tried what you suggested, but it didn't seem to change much

Marked as solution

I've figured it out, so for anyone who finds this in the future: my desktop's network was set to public, which made my firewall block it. I changed my network settings to private and restarted both on my phone and desktop, and now my local files will play on my phone.

Hey @Amaritori,

Thanks for getting back to us.

We're happy to hear that the issue got resolved for you 🙂 Keep in mind that if you wish to keep your internet network as public, you can add Spotify as an exception to your firewall settings. 

Let us know if there's anything else we can help out with. We're always one reply away.

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts