New releases/New albums & singles not updating at all

Plan

Premium

Country

Croatia

Device

(iPhone 11, Macbook Air 2019, HP PC

Operating System

(iOS 14, macOS Catalina, Windows 10 Pro)

My Question or Issue

Since I've relocated to my home country of Croatia from the US and have bought a premium subscription (mind you, it's been made available to this region for a couple of months now), I've been having trouble with my New releases tab. New albums and singles are not updating at all, and the overall new releases have been limited to only three albums/singles, which, TBH, could be summed up to *obscure*, and is in contrast to my overall music history. The same goes for all my devices - Windows Desktop player, Mobile player on my iPhone 11, as well on the Desktop version on my Macbook Air. 

I've tried disconnecting all my apps, reconnecting my Last.fm player, as well as have deleted and reinstalled the Spotify app on all my devices, and have logged out on all my devices and also have reconnected with my email and password (with and without a Facebook login). Help, please! 😞

Snimka zaslona 2020-09-25 225519.png
IMG_1377.PNG
IMG_1376.PNG
13 Replies

This STILL hasn't been fixed!!

Hey there @user-removed and @TimeAmpala,

Thank you for your posts here in the Community.

We want all the world’s music and podcasts on Spotify, but availability can vary over time and between countries, depending on the permissions from rights holders.

We add new content to Spotify every day, so if you can’t find something you’re looking for right now, it may appear (or reappear) soon.

If you know that the content are available in your country, we suggest that you perform a clean reinstall of the app. This step will clean the cache and corrupted files from previous installations that can cause issues.

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Hey Jeremy, as I’ve explained about a dozen times to all your colleagues, it’s not a device related issue because I’ve already followed your reinstall/relogin instructions to the T and the issue persists. When I created an alternate account with country set to Croatia, the same issue happenned. I’m pretty sure most accounts with country set to Croatia have the same issue. When I turned on my VPN and switched the account’s country to USA, the New releases > New albums & singles section fixed itself IMMEDIATELY, without having to log out and back in again. I then created another alternate account to check this and it confirmed that the issue appears only when my country is set to Croatia or any of the Balkan region countries that recently got access to Spotify.

PLEASE, PLEASE read previous replies before giving one of your generic suggestions straight out of presaved drafts, I’m tired of correcting your wrong assumptions and suggestions as if it’s not your job to be more familiar with your platform’s issues than I am.

Like I said it’s a country issue that’s not allowing for that section to appear and work correctly, which makes no sense since the new music is showing EVERYWHERE ELSE on Spotify except in that section for some silly reason.

I’ve just screenshot this as a reply while arguing the issue - once again - with Spotify Cares on Twitter. 

Hi again folks!

Thanks for keeping us in the loop.

At the moment, New Releases are not available in all countries, so this might be the reason why it only loads when you change your country settings. This specific tab might not fully disappear, but the content in it will be very limited or will stop updating.

We're constantly testing new features in different regions and hopefully this will be released in Croatia in the future. We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us and will make sure to pass it onto the right team, as we always strive to improve your experience.

If you have any other questions, don't hesitate to reach out to us.

Hi! the same problem now in Spain Premium. New metal album releases was freeze on february 2021. No playlist no radar please.
Thank's for some pro Answer solution

capture1.gif

Hi. I have the same problem too. I live in Cyprus. New Albums and Singles section does not update. I have been looking at the same albums for months now across ALL my devices (iphone, ipad, mac and windows). Not sure why. This is terrible as I need to be looking into New Releases Playlist to see new albums!

Hi there folks,

Thank you for your replies in this thread.

Can you create a new account here and see if it makes any difference? This will help us understand if it's account related or not,

We'll keep an eye out for your replies.

Take care!

JeremyModerator

Hi,

just created a new account in Croatia, but the problem is still there. Basically the issue is the same as for all my family accounts created in past year.

This is related to country/region, if I change it to USA, there are instantly much more relevant albums. As long as the country/region is set to Croatia, I have the same obscure album list as the OP described.

damirs_0-1640160303927.png

damirs_1-1640160323516.png

Hi there @damirs,

Thank you for your reply and screenshots in this thread.

As mention earlier in this thread - availability can vary over time and between countries, depending on the permissions from rights holders. However there's a lot of new content added every single day.

We understand that things can feel frustrating when things don't work as you'd like them to. Rest assured that we're always trying to improve as we always strive to improve our features.

We hope for your understanding and that you continue using Spotify and find it gets better in the future.

Thanks for the feedback, we appreciate it. Let us know if we can help you with anything else. 

Take care!

JeremyModerator

I have been having the same issue across ALL my devices (iphone, ipad, imac and pc). My New Albums & Singles has been looking like this for months now. Maybe a country issue or user issue.  

Screenshot_2.jpg

Hi @Jeremy,

This issue is not about availability. New albums can be found manually in my region, they are just not listed under New releases sections. That is pure software issue, so real question is why spotify developers can not solve it in over a year (as I can see from various reports here). Maybe they are not even aware of the issue?

Hey @damirs!

Thanks for getting back to us and sorry for any misunderstanding.

We have a thread here about this and our teams are aware of this behavior. We'll pass on your info.

You can keep an eye on the linked thread - we'll be posting there as soon as we have any news to share.

Hope this info helps!

ElenaModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts