No discover weekly

No discover weekly

Plan

Premium

Country

India

Device

Desktop, android, iOS

I am not getting my discover weekly and I dont think I have ever got it while my friends are getting it. Attached is  a screen shot of "Made For You". 

My Question or Issue

spotify.png
10 Replies

Hey @user-removed! Welcome to the Spotify Community. ^^

That's odd.

You should the Discover Weekly Playlist und the term 'Discover New Music' in the 'Made for You' section. Have you tried searching for it? It should appear as the first result.

Let me know if that helps, thanks! ^^

Peace

Nope, it does not work. Look at my search results, this is very frustrating 😞

Spotify Search.png

Hey @user-removed! Welcome to the Spotify Community. ^^

I've escalated your issue to the support.

I will reply to this thread with help soon. ^^

Peace

Most appreciated @Nico !
Thanks 🙂

Hey @user-removed!

I'm sorry. Discover Weekly isn't available for you now. The availability of these playlists is market-specific.

But that doesn't mean it will never be available for you. It might show up in the next few months for you. ^^

Peace

That does not seem right, my friend in India has the same premium subscription and he has been getting discover regularly, so how can this discrimination be possible given that we are both in the same country. This does not make any sense, what is the point of being a premium subscriber when this basic feature is not available.

I know you are only trying to help but this "market-specific" excuse seems to the implicit answer for any such discrepancies. At least if EVERYONE in India is denied this feature I can understand but when that is not the case the whole thing seems shady. Very disappointing.

Is there no one from Spotify who will look into this or response? This is just shameful service

Hey there @user-removed,

Thank you for reaching out in the Community!

We're always looking for new ways to improve the product experience and often have different features available across markets due to various factors. 

We are still testing the Personalized listening experience in India and that is why for now playlists such as Discover Weekly and Release Radar are only available to a limited percentage of users. 

If this is a feature you'd like have it available to all users in your market, we recommend having a look in the Idea Exchange, to see if someone else has already made a similar suggestion, and if not post your own.

The Community team is actively bringing your feedback to the internal teams at Spotify and helps inform our decisions moving forward - check how here.

Hope you'll find this information useful. Let us know if there's anything else we can help with in the meantime 🙂

XeniaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

@Xenia
That is not correct, limiting this to a smaller percentage while still charging customers is a shady practice. Spotify should be upfront when it says that a feature would not be available, even if you are premium. I have been a premium user since launch day, to deny me this feature while making this available to friends I recommended is difficult to digest.
Having said that, I reached out to support and they are claiming it is an account issue. I recreated my account today and I have been instructed to wait 3 weeks to see if this comes. It is terribly disappointing to go through this, unfortunately I seem to have drawn the short straw.
I would think that "market-specific", "still testing" are all suggestive of subversive practices, if I am paying I expect the FULL package and not some half baked product. I thought the community would be on the side of the cheated user but maybe I am mistaken.
Either way this question can be closed.

Appreciate all the help
Thanks!

Suggested posts