No option to make playlist public

Plan

Premium

Country

Norway

Device

Android app, Windows desktop app

My Question or Issue

I do not have the option to make a playlist public on the desktop application. Some of my playlists are public and some are not. And there is no option to make the other playlists public.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hello @Ashi_

Thank you for reaching out here in the Community!

First, you can make sure that those playlists are not collaborative, as it's not possible to make collaborative playlists public on the desktop app. 

If they are not collaborative, you can right-click a playlist and choose Make Public

For more details on playlist privacy, make sure to take a look at this support article

If you don't see that option, I'd recommend performing clean reinstall of your Spotify app. It's different than regular reinstallation.
Just find your device in this article and follow the steps provided there.

I hope it helps!

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Marked as solution

Hello @Ashi_

Thank you for reaching out here in the Community!

First, you can make sure that those playlists are not collaborative, as it's not possible to make collaborative playlists public on the desktop app. 

If they are not collaborative, you can right-click a playlist and choose Make Public

For more details on playlist privacy, make sure to take a look at this support article

If you don't see that option, I'd recommend performing clean reinstall of your Spotify app. It's different than regular reinstallation.
Just find your device in this article and follow the steps provided there.

I hope it helps!

Thanks @Emilia_8
My playlist was collaborative that's why I did not have that option.
Thank you again 🙂

Hi @Ashi_

It's great to hear that now everything is working fine!

Thank you for accepting my answer as solution 🙂

Have a great weekend! 

This does NOT work as suggested.  My playlist is not collaborative, and when right clicking on the playlist using the desktop App (Windows), there is NO option for "Make Public."

Any other suggestions?

Hey @WeaselSW,

Thanks for the post.

This option is currently only available on Mobile. Can you try it from your phone/ tablet and let us know if it works.

Cheers.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts