Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Not Able to Join the Family Mix as Account Manager

Not Able to Join the Family Mix as Account Manager

Plan

Premium Family

Country

United Kingdom

Device

Windows 10, Samsung Galaxy A20e, Spotify Web Player

Operating System

Android 10, Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Hello there,

I have followed all of these steps to try and fix the Family Mix issue and I still face the same thing. It's not in the Made For You section. When I go to the playlist link, sent to me by another member and I can view the mix but I only get a notification asking me to join the mix on mobile. When I press "join the mix", it then comes back with the error "something went wrong, please try again later".

I have been on a live chat with a support representative explaining that I may need to clean my cache and data, uninstall the program, reboot my phone and try again but that didn't work either.

Thanks for your help!

17 Replies

Hi there @TheOfficialDaxx,

Thank you for reaching out to us here in the Community. We're happy to help.

Can you let us know if you followed these steps when you reinstalled the app? 

Also, can you try from another device to see if the issue persist?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Hiya @Jeremy,

Thanks for your reply, unfortunately I have followed these steps a number of times on multiple devices and still no joy.

I have also tried to add myself as part of the family mix from the website and from the playlist itself, the weird thing is, I can edit who is in the playlist as well as if they receive explicit songs, I can even view the playlist but I cannot see myself to add myself nor can I add myself when it pops up asking me to join.

Again, when it asks me if I want to join, it comes back saying Something Went Wrong, Please Try Again Later.

Thanks for your help!

Hi again @TheOfficialDaxx,

Thank you for your reply and confirmation.

Can you log into your Family page to join the Family Mix from an incognito/private window to see if the issue persist? If it does we suggest that you try from a different device.

Keep us posted 🙂

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Hi again Jeremy,

No unfortunately it's still not changing anything

Hi @TheOfficialDaxx

Thanks for keeping us in the loop. 

Would you mind sending over some screenshots where we can take a better look at what you're seeing from your end?

You can attach them to your next response to us by using the Insert Photos option in the post editor. Make sure to exclude any personal info. 

We'll keep an eye out for your reply. 

NovyModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hello there!

Not a problem, so as you can see from the first picture, I have the notification pop up when I access the Family Mix asking if I would like to join. If I then select Join then the second picture happens.

The third picture is then the playlist settings where I can add and remove people but I am not in the list of people to add to the mix.

176021875_286542559672503_6243164043149708046_n.jpg
176052698_722795881732254_3461663129295704762_n.jpg
176444569_313614747040433_8929980073096949008_n.jpg

Hey @TheOfficialDaxx

Thanks for this info!

Could you give it a try using a different internet connection just to see if you notice anything new? 

Keep us posted on how it goes.

NovyModerator

Hiya @Novy, this has been happening across all my networks for the last 7 months, and still no joy. I have also used plenty of different versions of Spotify as well as different devices and still nothing.

Hey again @TheOfficialDaxx

Thank you for getting back to us. 

Another thing you could try is unfollowing the playlist to see if you're able to join the Family Mix. 

If this doesn't do the trick, could you follow the playlist again and try one more time? 

We'll be on the lookout for your reply so we can continue investigating this issue.

NovyModerator

Hiya Again!

No, unfortunately I have just done that and no change. There isn't even a way to join it on PC or in the webplayer.

Hey @TheOfficialDaxx

Thanks for keeping us in the loop. 

Could you go to your Account overview page and send us a screenshot of what you're seeing in the Premium Family tab under "Your Family Mix"?

We'll keep an eye out.

NovyModerator

Hiya,

Sorry for my late reply, here is an image from my dashboard.

spotify.jpg

Hey @TheOfficialDaxx,

Thanks for the reply and the screenshot.

Can you let us know what you see in the app if you go to Made For You > Uniquely Yours? Scroll the list of playlist under that title and tell us if you can see the Family mix there.

We've received multiple reports about this issue, and we've sent it over to the right team at Spotify for investigation. 

You can head over to this Ongoing Issue thread for more info and updates on the matter.

Keep us posted.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

No, for some reason I don't have the playlist in either list either.

Hi @TheOfficialDaxx,

Thanks for the reply.

This sounds like there might be an issue with your account itself.

There are a few more things you can try:

• Log out everywhere and then log into your account page through this link. Check if you can see an option to Leave the Family Mix. After that check whether it's possible to Join the mix again.
  • Try a different web browser. As obvious as this seems, some users have reported that this solved the issue for them.

If none of that makes a difference, you can try to create a new free account. You can add this account to the Family plan and Mix and see if it works there. If that's the case you can follow the instructions in this Guide to transfer your music library over to the new account.

Let us know how you get on with this.

AlexModerator

Hiya Alex,

Unfortunately I have tried your two solutions many times now, logging out of my account everywhere and logging back in doesn't seem to do anything and I am not in the Family Mix to be able to leave it.

I have also tried to login via different web browsers on many different devices on many different networks in many different countries, and none of it works or changes the error that I am getting when trying to enter the Family Mix.

If I did go ahead and create a new account to move all of my playlists to, not only will I lose my username, (as we can no longer add a username which is incredibly stupid) I will have to mess around with removing all of my members from my account and move them to a new account when I will also have to pay for the family subscription again, its only just come out.

Hey @TheOfficialDaxx,

Thanks for the info 🙂

It sounds like you might be experiencing the issue @Alex mentioned. We'd suggest you head here and add your +Vote and Subscribe to the thread so you can stay up-to-date with any relevant news about this.

We're not able to provide an exact timeline for a fix, but we'd suggest that you keep your Spotify app up-to-date so you don't miss the latest improvements and fixes.

In case you want to create a new account and transfer your music, you can click here and contact our support team. The folks there will be happy to help.

We'll be right here if you have any questions.

Ver Moderator

Suggested posts