Premium

Country

United Kingdom

Device

(iPhone 14, Acer Nitro 5)

Operating System

(iOS 16.1.1, Windows 10)

My Question or Issue

When I download songs from my pc on to my phone it appears as if everything has worked. However, when I click on the songs on mobile only 20 out of the 35 work, the rest are now greyed out and say song not downloaded.

1 Reply

Hey @mana_,

Thank you for reaching out here in the Community.

Could you try to log out > restart your phone > log back in to see if that makes any difference?

In case it doesn't, could you confirm that you've followed the steps in this article when you were trying to upload the tracks?  Do not forget that the synchronization between files from PC and your mobile devices over the network is no longer available. The audio files that you want to play within the app, need to be physically present on your iPhone's storage in order to be played by Spotify. 

In case you already uploaded them correctly and the tracks are still grayed out, it will be a good idea to remove all the local files you've uploaded on the app and try downloading them again. Moreover, it might be good to create new folders with the files.

Keep in mind that Spotify supports .mp3, .mp4, and .m4p files. It doesn’t support .mp4 files that contain video, or the iTunes lossless format (M4A). With that being said, some of your tracks may be protected in restricted formats and that might be the reason why they show as a grayed out. 

We'd recommend to head also to this FAQ under "Local File not playing?" to double check if those files meet the requirements listed there.

Hope this helps. Let us know how it goes.

LyubkaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Suggested posts