Plan

Premium

Country
Russia

Device

Macbook (15, 2017)

Operating System

MacOS 10.15.7

Hello! Faced the problem of adding a track to the playlist. When I try to add it through the right-click drop-down list on the playing track, I can't find the playlist I want. Apparently, it just does not fit in height. Attached two screenshots:

1) List of playlists in the dropdown list;
2) List of all playlists;

Screenshot 2020-12-01 at 11.56.33.png
Screenshot 2020-12-01 at 11.56.21.png
5 Replies

Hey @filmeazine,

Thanks for getting in touch with us 🙂

Can you give these steps a go and run a clean reinstall? By doing that you can make sure the app is up-to-date and the cache is not causing any issues.

Does the issue occur on another device? That way we can check if it's a device-related issue.

Let us know how it goes. If you have questions, you know where to find us.

Ver Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Did a clean reinstall but the problem persisted. On Android, this problem is not observed. I cannot check on other platforms. But I assume that the problem is relevant for the desktop version of the application. The height of the dropbox with playlists is calculated incorrectly, or rather, more than the height of the window. This is absolutely not a critical bug, I can add a track to the playlist in another way. I just want your favourite application to have no bugs.

Hey @filmeazine,

Thanks for keeping us posted 🙂

Indeed it sounds like this could be a device-related issue. It's a good idea to try running the app as an administrator. Are there any changes?

When did this issue occur? We'll investigate this further.

Keep us in the loop! If you have more questions, we are here for you.

Ver Moderator

Administrator rights won't help.
The problem appeared recently.
This problem is repeated on other Macs as well. Of course, I will describe their specifications, and I'm getting ahead of myself, clear reinstall and running with administrator rights does not solve the problem either. List of devices:
- MacBook 13 2017
- MacBook 13 2014
- MacBook 15 2014
- MacBook 15 2019
Catalina 10.15 and Mojave 10.14 on devices.

Hi @filmeazine,

Thanks for the info.

Can you clarify if you're logged in with the same account on all those different devices or using different accounts? Also, are all the laptops running the same version of the Spotify app?

A thing you can try out is adding a song to some playlist from the Web player. Let us know if the playlist dropdown list is displayed fully there.

We'll be on the lookout for your reply.

AlexModerator

Suggested posts