Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Old Spotify Wrapped Playlists

Old Spotify Wrapped Playlists

Hey! 

So with all this time on my hands, I wanted to go back and look at my top songs 2016 and 2017 wrapped playlists and rediscover my old music. I was wondering if there as anyway I could re access them. I don't know if they're in an archive somewhere and I don't remember liking them when they came out so they're not in my library. Id like to know if there was anyway I could find them again, Id really like to listen to those playlists again. Thanks! 

Student 

Premium

US

Device

(iPhone 7, Macbook Pro late 2016)

Top Answer
Xenia

Hey there @ediego129,

Just wanted to jump in with some additional info to what @user-removed already suggested.

You should be able to access older versions of Your Top Songs by typing spotify:app:genre:2020 (replace with the year you are looking for) into the search bar.

If you can't find them there, it means that no Wrapped playlist was generated for you in those years. The reason for this might be that you weren't actively using your account that year and therefore there wasn't enough data to create one.

Hope this info is useful. Give us a shout if there's anything else you need help with.

Happy listening 🎶

4 Replies

Hey, hope you're doing well. I wanted to let you know that the 'Your Top Songs Playlist' is made at Spotify's end and since the playlist is specific to you, it doesn't get saved with every passing year. I'm really sorry to let you know that won't be able to find 'Your Top songs' for the years that you've mentioned. But you could find a general 2016 or 2017 top songs playlist. Those are still available on Spotify. You could find some songs in there that you probably would've listened back then. 

Hope I was of some help to you. If there's anything else you'd like me to help you with, please feel free to text back. 

Thanks and cheers!

Have a good day ❤️

Hey there @ediego129,

Just wanted to jump in with some additional info to what @user-removed already suggested.

You should be able to access older versions of Your Top Songs by typing spotify:app:genre:2020 (replace with the year you are looking for) into the search bar.

If you can't find them there, it means that no Wrapped playlist was generated for you in those years. The reason for this might be that you weren't actively using your account that year and therefore there wasn't enough data to create one.

Hope this info is useful. Give us a shout if there's anything else you need help with.

Happy listening 🎶

XeniaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

This above: spotify:app:genre:2020 is exactly what I was looking for 👍🏼 But I would like that "Your Top Songs Playlist" which Spotify makes for "you" stays permanently w/ you; under "uniquely yours" under (your account) 🙄

If you can't find them there, it means that no Wrapped playlist was generated for you in those years.

@Xenia this is not accurate and this doesn't work for every year! I know I got my spotify "year in review"/wrapped from 2014 onward, because I have the 'My Top 100 Songs' from that year and the 'Your Top Songs' from 2016-2022 AND I have the email notifications for 2013 and 2015 but, using spotify:app:genre:2020 only works for 3 years: 2019, 2020 and 2021.

Suggested posts