Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Old saved music isn’t what shows on artist page.

Solved!

Old saved music isn’t what shows on artist page.

For some time now I’ve had consistent moments where my library music doesn’t line up with the version that’s on the artist page, but shows it as downloaded. Nothings changed between them other than it seems it’s a new “link.” At this point I’ve re-added like 20+ albums to my library just so that it would actually show correctly when going to the artist page. I’ve attached 2 images to further explain my problem. If anyone has an explanation on why this happens, my brain will praise you. 

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

iPhone 12 Pro

Operating System

iOS 15

ABDD20F2-CE62-4BF3-AE6D-62A1F3EB08AA.png
F85013F5-BBC4-4A0A-BD29-5F763FDA29A0.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @HatsuneKillMe,

Thanks for posting here 🙂

Sometimes when a track is taken down from the platform and re-uploaded it returns with different metadata, so essentially it appears as a new song.

This could happen due to licensing issues or other factors.

If you have more questions, the Community is here for you!

Ver Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @HatsuneKillMe,

Thanks for posting here 🙂

Sometimes when a track is taken down from the platform and re-uploaded it returns with different metadata, so essentially it appears as a new song.

This could happen due to licensing issues or other factors.

If you have more questions, the Community is here for you!

Ver Moderator

Thank you for the clarification, I’ve been losing my marbles about this for some time now. I really like a lot of Spotify’s curation playlist but because of this, it hasn’t been working quite right for some time now. Is there a “quick fix” to this you could recommend? Or do I need to manually re-add them?

Hey @HatsuneKillMe,

Thanks for your reply.

This is indeed one of those corner situations that can't be easily walked around. It's just a technically induced symptom by how Spotify works and changing that is quite the undertaking. The manual approach here seems to work best in our оpinon, so the best recommendation we can make is to just save the albums in your library. They shouldn't disappear from your library, even if the songs get reuploaded, so you'll be able to always find them there.

If you have liked individual songs, they should persist in your liked songs playlist during a reupload as well. So even if the heart icon isn't displayed, they wouldn't be lost.

Hope this clears things up. If you have any questions or need anything else, the Community is here for you.

Kiril Moderator

Suggested posts