On Repeat and Repeat Rewind not updating

Plan

Premium

Country

New Zealand 

Device

Samsung Galaxy 20?+

My Question or Issue

On Repeat and Repeat Rewind haven't updated for me for 10 days. I've tried a few of the previous suggested solutions (uninstall and reinstall the app, signing out everywhere). Are there any other solutions? 

Top Answer
Alex
Spotify Legend

Hey there @Nyrobee,

Thanks for the reply.

On repeat and Repeat Rewind will only update once the algorithm has gathered enough data on songs which you listen frequently to. It may not update if you're listening to more songs for month on end, than newer content.

The best way around this is listening to new content via the Search tab.

Another reason for those playlist not updating could be listening to a primarily a certain genre or a handful of artists. If the algorithm can't gather enough data for an update, it won't populate the playlists with new content.

Hope this helps.

23 Replies

Hi,

I am also facing this problem. My On Repeat playlist has not been updated for nearly  3 months... I also tried to uninstall and install the app again, or to log out everywhere, but nothing changes. I will post my information here and hope it can be solved!

Plan

Premium Family

Country

USA

Device

iPhone 11

iPad Pro 2020

MacBook Pro 13-inch,2020

Hi there @jinxed2,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community.

First up, could you try logging out and then logging back in twice in the app? This is how we force the app to refresh its cache. 

If this doesn't do the trick, you mentioned that you've already reinstalled the app, but would you mind going through the steps of a clean reinstall, as it's more thorough than a normal one?

Keep us posted on how it goes.

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Any updates on a fix?

I had a Spotify worker claim to delete corrupted files  on my account months and still no change. The other thread is locked claiming issue is fixed, which is not the case. This is pretty poor for a paid app/service

Hey @DannyLemos,

Thanks for posting here.

It's a good idea to give the steps @Eni mentioned a go to see if anything changes.

Just to double-check-does this happen on different devices or a specific one?

Keep us posted.

Ver Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts