Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Only Play New Songs / Limit Song Play Count / Discover Radio

Only Play New Songs / Limit Song Play Count / Discover Radio

I love discovering new music, and I hate listening to the same song more than three times.  And considering the vast wealth of songs on Spotify, I shouldn't need to.

• Discover Weekly plays the same songs all week, and crosses all the genres I listen to, which leads to quite a disjointed listening experience.
  • The Daily Mixes tend to rehash the same songs I've been listening to, and stay the same all day.
  • The Radio feature is coming really close, but does also tend to throw in songs from the underlying playlist.

Ideally, I need a Discover Radio that plays only new songs around a starting playlist, or a setting to limit the number of times a song can be played.  And by new, I dont mean new releases, just songs I haven't heard before.

Thanks for considering this new feature.

4 Replies

Hey @harvest316,

Thanks for posting your feedback here in the Community and welcome.

If you'd like to see a 'Discover radio' tab in Your Library based on a starting playlist and displaying only songs you haven't heard before, feel free to suggest this as an Idea. To do so:

1. Go to the Spotify Community
  2. Click on Menu
  3. Click on Ideas > Idea submissions
  4. Scroll all the way to the bottom and click on “Let’s go

As a heads-up, it's good to know that the higher the number of votes an idea gets, the more likely it is for the idea to be implemented 🙂

To get to know more about how your feedback will reach Spotify, feel free to check this Spotify Answer out. 

Hope you'll find this info useful. Have a nice day!

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

How do we see if there is an update on this feature or if it was considered?

Hey there @Newmusicwewe,

Thanks for reaching out to us and welcome to the Community 🙂

If you've submitted your idea, you will get a notification when there are updates about it. Other users can also add their +VOTE and Subscribe to the thread. That way they can also see if there are news about your idea. As a heads-up, ideas with many votes are more likely to be implemented.

Hope this was helpful for you. If you have questions, you know where to find us.

Ver Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

This is such a nice feature I've been searching for a long time. You'd think Spotify already has such a feature, I believe it's a basic. It'd really help to not listen to music I've already heard (Especially even already in my liked songs) when trying to discover new music.

Suggested posts