Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Only some of my public playlists can be seen. I have made 800 but only 200 can be seen by others.

Only some of my public playlists can be seen. I have made 800 but only 200 can be seen by others.

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Device

(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

8 Replies

Can someone explain the thinking a limit on viewable public playlists? I have no commercial interests -- just family and friends who love music

Hey @KeithHarrisonJr,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community.

To clarify, what do you exactly mean when you say that only 200 out of your 800 public playlists can be seen by others?

If you noticed that some of your playlists are not searchable within the app despite being public, would you mind sharing their links with us (two or three will be enough for the moment)? This will help us take a closer look and observe what you reported in greater detail.

We're looking forward to your update and we're here to help with anything else too!

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi Mario, 

Thanks for replying. I should have been more clear.

I have made 800 public playlists for my family and friends to listen to. When my brother and daughter, who are "Spotify friends" of mine, tried this weekend to browse through all of my public playlists to pick one to listen to, they only could see the first 200 of them.

I have no commercial interest here. I had made hundreds of music compilation CDs for my family to listen to before the streaming era, and I just finished the long process of replicating them as Spotify playlists. I'm not sure what the logic could be of not allowing people to search for my account and then be able to browse all 800 playlists. They aren't being forced on anyone.

Thanks,

Keith

Hey @KeithHarrisonJr,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop.

You've been extremely clear in your last reply and we can now confirm that this is an expected behavior of the app which was already reported by a few of our users on the Community here, like @Peter mentioned in the post you shared.

Let us know if you have any other questions. We'll be here if we can help!

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

But my question is: why?

Can someone please help with an explanation of the thinking behind this rule? It seems arbitrary.

Hi! So I've been having issues where I have like 10 playlists that are public but only 7 are showing up on my profile when my friends look for me. How do I fix this?

My guess would be that it is a performance issue. Spotify could implement something like pagination and only show 200 playlists per page. I think all the 800 playlists are searchable but only 200 of them are displayed on your profile.

Currently I think Spotify prioritises other issues over implementing a pagination feature for people with more than 200 playlists. Nevertheless I would be happy about this feature as well.

Suggested posts