Only the web player affects home hub shortcuts

Plan

Premium

Device

iPhone 11, Macbook Pro, PC

Operating System

iOS 14.5, macOS 10.15.7, Windows 10

My Question or Issue

After receiving the home hub update in the beginning of April I had only 2 shortcuts instead of 6 and the shortcuts never changed or updated.

IMG_1653.PNG

No matter how much music I listened to I continued to have 2 static shortcuts. That was until I listened to music using the web player. Right after that I received the other 4 shortcuts and had 6 like I was supposed to.

IMG_1677.PNG

Now the problem is that the shortcuts only change and update if I listen to music using the web player. Listening on either of my computers (mac and PC) or mobile (iPhone) doesn't affect the shortcuts at all.

I've done the usual troubleshooting steps multiple times, like clean install etc but the issue seems to be unfixable from my side.

Spotify versions:

Win: 1.1.59.710.g134abcca-a

Mac: 1.1.59.697.g3af4df50-a

iOS: 8.6.28.159

So I'm wondering if I'm one of the few having this issue or are there other people out there having the same issue?

8 Replies

Hey @AeroZ,

Thanks for the post.

Can you check if Spotify is granted all permissions on your phone?

This will help us look into this further.

Cheers.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hello.

Which permissions exactly do you have in mind?

Hey @AeroZ,

Thanks for the reply.

If you go into app settings on your phone, you should see a section which allows some apps to access the internet, your storage, microphone etc. Disabling those Permissions for Spotify can cause issues with the synchronization of the app with the server and prevent your account from updating and gathering information in real-time.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

I have det same problem. When I listen through the app iPhone or MacBook the shortcuts never changed, they've been the same for over a month... but today I listened through the web player, and now they've finally changed. 

I can also confirm that my shortcuts only update if I listen via the web player or Spotify Connect. Really frustrating as most of my listening is directly from my phone. All of my permissions are active as well. I’m on an iPhone 12 Pro Max. 

Hey folks, 

Thanks for your replies. 

We've reported this to the team in charge and they're looking into it. Although we can't commit to a specific timeline for a fix, we'd recommend always keeping your app up to date

If anything else comes up, don't hesitate to let us know. 

Cheers.

NovyModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

I can confirm that all permissions are enabled on my iPhone. Still will only update via Web Player or Spotify Connect via my Sonos.

Suggested posts