Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Others follow my old playlists – but I can't find (or delete) them

Solved!

Others follow my old playlists – but I can't find (or delete) them

Plan

Family

Country

Germany

Device

iPhone 7, Macbook Air 2013

Operating System

iOS 10

My Question or Issue

While browsing through my friends public playlists I stumbled upon an old playlist, that I created – but I can't find it in my playlists, neither in any folder, nor in the "deleted" list in my account nor anywhere else. How is that possible? How can I find (and delete) old playlists that aren't displayed in my own account?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there @dan10,

Thanks for reaching out to us.

If you're sure the playlist you found is indeed created by you, you should be able to find it in Your Library. Check the Created By section of the playlist and make sure it shows your Display name. Bear in mind another user could've copied the songs and the title from your playlist and posted it as theirs. 

We also recommend checking if you can see the playlist in question in Your Library after logging in on another device or using the web player

If you still can't see the playlist, try running a clean reinstall since this will refresh your current version of the Spotify app to the latest one. Here you'll find the steps on how to do this. 

We'll be on the lookout for your reply. If you have more questions, don't hesitate to reach out again.  

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Thanks – I found a solution thanks to your answer.

While the playlist was indeed created by me, wasn't in my own library and while I also was not able to delete it in the desktop app, I could delete it in the web player.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey there @dan10,

Thanks for reaching out to us.

If you're sure the playlist you found is indeed created by you, you should be able to find it in Your Library. Check the Created By section of the playlist and make sure it shows your Display name. Bear in mind another user could've copied the songs and the title from your playlist and posted it as theirs. 

We also recommend checking if you can see the playlist in question in Your Library after logging in on another device or using the web player

If you still can't see the playlist, try running a clean reinstall since this will refresh your current version of the Spotify app to the latest one. Here you'll find the steps on how to do this. 

We'll be on the lookout for your reply. If you have more questions, don't hesitate to reach out again.  

Marked as solution

Thanks – I found a solution thanks to your answer.

While the playlist was indeed created by me, wasn't in my own library and while I also was not able to delete it in the desktop app, I could delete it in the web player.

Suggested posts