Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Paul McCartney & Wings

Solved!

Paul McCartney & Wings

Hello. This is less of an issue from my part and more of an inquiry about the renaming of a band. I wanted to listen to an album titled 'Band On The Run'' by Paul McCartney & Wings, so I sorted my playlist by alphabetical order and scrolled on down to the Ps. Then I noticed that it wasn't there anymore. I searched for it and found that the band was now renamed to Wings, dropping the mention of Paul McCartney from the name. I was wondering why this was, because this change is very recent as I remember seeing the original name not long before. Why change the name of a band that disbanded nearly four decades ago?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi there @edward2290

thanks for reaching out to the Spotify community !

Spotify is a streaming service operating around the world and it creates its database upon received info from the artists themselves.

Meaning that if an artist decides to change its band/album/track name it will be changed on the artist's profile page according to their decision.

If you want to learn more about this change of name, i believe you should contact the artist directly as this type of content change is being sent to Spotify from the artist and not created by it.

However, something i believe would be a nice option is to create a topic on the community's "Ideas" section.

If you're unsure of how to do that, make sure to follow the steps provided on this Spotify answer.

On top of that, Spotify takes their user's feed backs very seriously so if you're having any doubts, please make sure to read about the subject here.

I'm always around to help.

Let me know how it goes 🙂

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi there @edward2290

thanks for reaching out to the Spotify community !

Spotify is a streaming service operating around the world and it creates its database upon received info from the artists themselves.

Meaning that if an artist decides to change its band/album/track name it will be changed on the artist's profile page according to their decision.

If you want to learn more about this change of name, i believe you should contact the artist directly as this type of content change is being sent to Spotify from the artist and not created by it.

However, something i believe would be a nice option is to create a topic on the community's "Ideas" section.

If you're unsure of how to do that, make sure to follow the steps provided on this Spotify answer.

On top of that, Spotify takes their user's feed backs very seriously so if you're having any doubts, please make sure to read about the subject here.

I'm always around to help.

Let me know how it goes 🙂

While it's not an explanation, I accept that it's not Spotify itself that changes the names of whatever it has in its database. I doubt that I will receive an answer by asking directly, so my assumption is that this question will go unanswered. That's pretty easy to accept, but I'll have to remember to scroll to the Ws whenever I want to listen to Band On The Run.

Hi @edward2290,

thanks for marking my reply as a solution !

I do recommend taking the time to add an idea to the ideas section for other users to view, comment and promote if they relate.

You can raise a feature asking of "Content change notification" and in order to post it the right way you can follow the help pages i posted above.

Thanks again for your cooperation 🙂

Suggested posts