Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

People can't see my playlists even though they are public.

People can't see my playlists even though they are public.

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

United Statea

Device

iPhone and HP Pavillion

Operating System

IOS 14 and Windows 10

My Question or Issue

When others search for my public playlists they cannot find them. I have one playlist with 29 likes called "Homework Songs". Knowing Spotify's algorithm this means my playlist should pop up before all the playlists I am seeing with zero likes. Then we get the "Your playlist title is too general". Fine. I instead made a playlist called "Melt My Eyez See Your Future". Seems pretty specific enough right? When I go to look up this title there are a total of eight Spotify Playlists. Mine is not one of them. It doesn't show up. I even made a playlist that's title was so specific that no other account made a playlist with that name. When I looked it up on a separate account Spotify said no results found. Why aren't my playlists showing up for other viewers? This happens on all devices I have tried it on. 

LucasSpano_0-1646605140742.png

Here is the playlists results for when I search "Melt My Eyez See Your Future". My playlist is not one of these 8.

However when I search my profile...

LucasSpano_1-1646605332466.png

As you can see the playlist is on my profile and has the same name but we still have no luck finding it by search. 

7 Replies

Hey @LucasSpano,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

There are millions of user-created playlists on Spotify. Even if the playlist name is super specific it might not appear in search results in your region. Search results are automatically generated upon playlist popularity, so there is no way to manually influence this.

If you want to share your playlists with your friends, it's best if you send them links directly to the playlists.

Hope this info helps. Don't hesitate to reach out again if you have questions.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I’m also having this issue, but when someone accesses my account they cannot see any of my playlists. I need to know how to fix this instead of sending them particular playlists.

Hi @EdenFishy!

Could you confirm you've added the playlists to your profile, in addition to making them public? You can do that by opening the playlist, then tapping on the three dots menu > Add to profile.

On the desktop app, you can also set the app to automatically add new playlists to your profile by going to Settings > Social > Publish my new playlists on my profile.

Cheers!

YordanModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I am having the same issue.  I can confirm that I can see ALL of my playlists on my profile, both those marked  "public" and those marked "private."  I can also confirm that SOME of my playlists marked "public" ARE viewable by others visiting my profile, while OTHERS that are also marked "public" are NOT.  Interestingly, the "public" playlists that are NOT viewable by others appear to be the ones I have MORE RECENTLY created.  I can also confirm that I have set my profile to "Publish my new playlists on my profile." 

I need help making those more recently created "public" playlists viewable.  Spotify Support, what can I do?  

Hey @johnmonaghan2,

Thanks for posting in the Community.

It may take some time for newly created playlists to be indexed on all the servers and that's why they may not appear in the search results or on your profile for a while after creation.

Let's wait a week and try again and in the meantime you can share your playlists with a link to them.

Hope this clears things a bit,

Cheers!

DianModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

I also have that issue, my playlists name is "A playlist that is for anyone" when i search it on another device, it wont come up.  Please fix this :,)

the one playlist that does show up for others was made today, but playlists that have been public for months are not showing up on my profile for my friends

Suggested posts