Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Play Only Liked Songs from Artist?

Play Only Liked Songs from Artist?

This Monday (11/18/19), I noticed that I can no longer put an artist in the search bar in the "Liked Songs" playlist, select a song, and have the queue automatically only contain songs by that artist (and any other songs that include what was put in the search bar). Now it queues from the entire "Liked Songs" playlist.

Is there any way to play only liked songs from a specific artist? It would be ridiculous to have to manually create a playlist for each artist.

Screenshot_20191120-012353_Spotify.jpg
Screenshot_20191120-012345_Spotify.jpg
16 Replies

I really need to figure this out too!!!! Its so irritating i just want the songs i liked from the band!!! Ehy did they have to change it????

I have had the exact same issue.  Recently this change appeared on my Android, and now it affects the desktop app.  This is a really unfortunate change and has removed one of my favorite aspects of the Spotify app.  The artist's section would suffice here if it didn't limit you to particular albums and just had the songs you liked and maybe a few others.

Hi all,

You should still be able to filter songs in the Liked Songs playlist. Simply drag the list down to reveal the filter.

Hope it helps! Let us know if you have further questions.

Have a nice day.

That's not really what he asked though. He wants to be able to play only the liked songs on his Artists playlist, not his Liked playlist.

This feature seems to be working in latest Spotify alphas. Hopefully the next or one after the next public version update to the app fixes it. 

I’m struggling with this issue too. I can sort my “liked songs” playlist by artist, and I can also search for the specific artist within my liked songs playlist and all of the songs appear, but for some reason it won’t let me actually play straight through that list of only the songs that appears for the search. Even when I turn shuffle off it seems to be going in some random order through the entire liked songs playlist instead of just the ones showing for the searches artist. 

I’m having the same problem where when I go to the artist tab in Spotify and chose an artist I no longer see the songs I liked from the artist I see what you would find if you searched the artist in Spotify instead. Is there a way to change that? I don’t want to create playlists for all my artist because that’s ridiculous and a waste of time. I’m also disappointed in this change in Spotify and I want the old one back. 

Yes! I'm having this same issue and I'd really love the old UI back from a few weeks ago. @Spotify Please change it back!

Same problem for desktop app or web-app. Basically i'm listen music from PC for not on work. I wanna play songs only loved from artist, not all from artist, not all my loved song. This highly highly functionality for me. I want to make day of *artist name*.
@Spotify , solve that please. I need migrate to any music service after Google Play Music die

SOLVED

On PC go to your library --) liked songs --) search "Artist's name" ---) play

This feature is available on the iOS app but not the MacOS app--why?!

It should be a standard feature to only play liked songs by an individual artist. Pretty poor that this is not available.

Works in iOS as well. Go to Artists->Select an artist->Liked songs and play.

2021. Spotify for Windows.. Still not possible.. wth.

"SOLVED

On PC go to your library --) liked songs --) search "Artist's name" ---) play"

Thanks! Far, far from perfect.. but better then nothing.

It is not solved yet! Spotify, add pls feature "Liked songs" to Web and Desktop on Artis'ts page!

Hey @SerjN

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community, and welcome 🙂

We’re always looking for new ways to improve our users' experience, and we will continue to innovate the product experience.

You can also head here to find more information about the New Desktop Experience and share your feedback in the thread.

We'll be here if anything else comes up. 

Cheers.

NovyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

This still does not work on the web player. What a facepalm. Come on Spotify, you have one job.

Suggested posts