Country

Czech rep.

Device

Redmi 7a

Operating System

Android 10

My Question or Issue

Hi,

After last update the app won't play next downloaded album automatically after current album is finished. It will just stop or play similar songs when autoplay is on. Last version just played all the artists downloaded albums, now I have to open the app and with also more clicks then before, play manually next album (in the year 2021). Is there any way to play next albums automatically when the current is in the end? Please advise, THX

3 Replies

Hey @Toi_Toi,

Thanks for getting in touch with us 🙂

This is indeed an expected behavior. As a workaround you can add the albums to the Play Queue. That way you can arrange what plays next.

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback as we always strive to improve our app and the experience with it. We'll make sure to pass it on to the right team.

We'll be right here if you have any further questions.

Ver Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

The previous version of Spotify would sequentially play all Albums within an Artists’ profile before the Autoplay (Autoplay similar songs when your music ends) feature would kick in.

The “Play Next Downloaded Album” was a very convenient and frequently used automated function.  Now it appears this function has intentionally been disabled under the latest Spotify client release and cannot be toggled back on by the end user.

The ‘work around’ recommendation is backwards facing and time consuming solution.  Please advise how to raise a change request to re-establish this automated function or how to request a new feature setting that can be toggled on/off by the end user. 

Thank you.   

Hi there @rcastel,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community.

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback, as it helps us improve the app and the overall experience.

In this case, we suggest searching in our Ideas board to see if someone else has already suggested that idea. If there isn't any, you can submit your idea there, so others can then vote for it or add to the conversation to show their support. That's the best way to request a change or a new feature.

You can find the steps to submit a new idea in this article, and you can also read more about how feedback on ideas reaches Spotify here.

Hope this helps. If you have any questions or need anything else, the Community is here for you.

Cheers 🙂

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Suggested posts