Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Play video after audio only download

Play video after audio only download

How can i play a video of a podcast after i have downloaded it audio only?

i download JRE as audio only to listen to while i drive since there is no cell service in my area and downloading video takes too long, however when im home or somewhere with an internet connection id like to watch the video but the app will only play the podcast from my library which is audio only. currently the only way for me to watch the video is to delete the downloaded version then i can stream the video

3 Replies

Hey @Awolfe61,

Thanks for posting in the Community.

In order for us to be able to say with certainty if this is expected behavior or not, could you share your device setup details like brand/model and operating system? What's the Spotify version you're using?

If you start a different podcast episode, which you haven't downloaded the sound part of, does it start with the video straightaway?

Keep us posted,

Cheers!

DianModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Hello, thank you for your response.  I am using a Samsung S22 ultra and not completely sure of the spotify version but I assume it's the most up to date as it's set in my app store to automatically check and download updates.  Yes when I play a different episode that is not downloaded it will play the video like normal. What appears to happen is if something is downloaded in any fashion it will default to the downloaded version over streaming it online and I can't get the video portion to play unless I delete the download and restart the app

Hey @Awolfe61,

Thanks for the clarification.

Could you prepare screen recordings of the two described behaviors - video playing without a download and video not playing with sound downloaded? We can then relay it to our tech team for review. Also try skipping past the 3-5 seconds mark. You can upload the videos to YouTube or Google Drive and paste the link in your reply.

Keep us posted,

Cheers!

DianModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Suggested posts