Step 1

NEXT STEP

Playing Spotify on Google Home and or Next at the same time as on the Computer

Playing Spotify on Google Home and or Next at the same time as on the Computer

Plan

Free/Premium

Country Canada

Device Windows Computer and Google Home and Nest

(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue Hello everyone:  While I am playing my Spotify account on my computer at work, my husband at home can't play from the same Spotify account on the Google Home or Nest at home.  We have a premium account in my name.  Any suggestions?  Thanks

2 Replies

Hey there @elsajack,

Thanks for reaching out to us. No worries. Help is on the way!

Keep in mind that one Spotify account can be used on only one device at a time. This means that your husband won't be able to use your account at home, while you're playing Spotify somewhere else. Perhaps Premium Duo or Premium Family might be solutions suitable for your situation. With those subscription plans multiple accounts can have access to all Premium features at a discounted price.

If what you meant is that you actually have one of those subscriptions active, but you still aren't able to play music at the same time, it's possible that you and your husband are  logged in to the same account. You can find detailed instructions on how to remedy this, plus additional troubleshooting steps in this Spotify Answer.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted if you have any questions.

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Thanks so much for your help we do have premium duo, will review the instructions you sent us to see if we can get him playing at home.
We will let you know how it goes. Thanks again .

Suggested posts