Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Playing random songs in the middle of playlist

Playing random songs in the middle of playlist

Using Premium. Problem in both android and PC.

For some reason the app starts playing random songs not in my playlist. Now I know it does that when autoplay is turned on, but this happens in the middle of the playlist, not after it ended. It plays one random song and then goes back to the songs in the playlist like nothing ever happened. I have no idea why this is happening

5 Replies

Hey @BrunoLNether,

Thanks for reaching out! We'll happily help you sort this one out 🙂

In this case it's a good idea to go ahead and secure your account using the instructions in this Support Page. Don't forget to change the password for any service associated with your account, such as your email address, Facebook, or Apple.

We recommend that you also have a look at all third party apps that have access to your Spotify account and remove any you don't recognize. You can learn how to do this here.  For the other ones you should update the login info as well.

Hope you find this useful. Keep us posted if you have any questions.

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

geez it's not because someone else has access to our account. changing the password won't do anything. hundreds of us are having this problem. come up with a better fix to this bug or you'll lose a lot of business.

Hi there @zainab1303,

Thank you for your reply.

Can you perform a clean reinstall of the app? This will make sure there's no old cache files causing this.

If that doesn't do the trick - we highly suggest that you follow the steps that @Mihail mentioned in his reply above.

Let us know how everything goes.

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

I don't think that's going to fix it because they are songs we have never listened to or even seen

Hey folks,

There are a few things worth checking here!

1. Does the issue persist with all playlists or only specific ones?
2. We'd recommend that you check if Enhance is not switched on by default on any playlist. If your playlist has songs added to it by the Enhance option, you should see a button above the playlists, which you can click on/ off.
Tip: You should be able to find the Enhance button in the mobile app, below the playlist artwork in all the playlists you've created.

3. Send us a screenshot of your queue so that we can take a look as well.

4. Check the reply from @Mihail and make sure all is well with the 3rd party apps.

We'll be on the lookout for your responses.
Thanks!

@sippycup37 @zainab1303

@BrunoLNether

VasilModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts