Premium

Country

U.S.A.

Device

Google Pixel 3a XL

Operating System

Android version 11

My Question or Issue

This has gone on, with other playlists, but eventually got corrected, somehow. One of my playlists doesn't show the cover art or the corresponding color in the Spotify code, when I go to the options. I did check it, on my tablet, recently. It actually showed correctly, on there. It's not an issue with my phone, because I've signed out of the application, turned my phone off for a couple minutes, then signed back in. It still didn't do anything.

This is how it is, on my phone.

Screenshot_20210709-024008.png

This is on my tablet.

Screenshot_20210713-013916.png

Follow me

7 Replies

Hi @MadmanOnWheels

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

To start, let us know if you've already tried performing a clean reinstall of the app on your phone. This is often an overlooked step, but it’s more thorough than a regular one and can be helpful to get rid of any cache that might be causing trouble. 

If this doesn't do the trick, please try connecting your phone to a different Wifi/Mobile network and check how the covers show.

Keep us posted.

NovyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Doing a "clean" reinstallation is not going to help. I have brought this issue up, before, and did that, after one of y'all suggested it. It didn't do anything. The issue kept going on, until it just got fixed, somehow. I want y'all to send it up, and figure out how to get it fixed.

Follow me

Hi @MadmanOnWheels,

Thank you for keeping us in the loop.

We're glad to know it's working well now. We can't confirm what was the root of the issue here, as this can be caused due to different reasons.

However, we suggest keeping the app up to date and not using any cache clearing tools, as they might affect the performance of the app. 

If you need something else, you know where to find us. 

NovyModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

I never stated that it's working, now. I stated that the other ones that had that issue started working, a while after I reported that they weren't.

The playlist that I am reporting the issue on, now, is still having the issue.

Y'all are supposed to bring these issues up with Spotify employees.
Follow me

Hey @MadmanOnWheels,

Thanks for getting back to us 🙂

In case this happens only on your phone, it could be a device-related issue.

If you're using an SD card, it's a good idea to remove it, reinstall Spotify and then to try running the app without the SD. Sometimes the SD card can lead to issues with the cache.

If the issue persists, could you send us the URI of the playlist? We'll look into this further.

Keep us in the loop.

Ver Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

It's not a device related issue, because I tested the issue with a tester playlist that I made, after reporting this; it didn't show the cover art on either device.

Also, I don't have a memory card in this phone; the Pixels don't have slots for external memory. And again, reinstalling didn't help anything, last time.

Here's the link to my playlist, though you should be able to scan the code that's in the images, in my original post.

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/53dpKzJDLSgw54lMXOU4We?si=Tm2_lhO6QxystzbLinGXqg&utm_source=copy-l...
Follow me

Hey @MadmanOnWheels,

Thanks for the info 🙂

We tried on our end but couldn't reproduce this.

In this case we'd suggest you head here and contact our support team. The folks there can check your account and give you more information about it.

If you need anything else, the Community is here for you.

Ver Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Suggested posts