Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Playlist Radio is being removed from the context menu

Playlist Radio is being removed from the context menu

In March 2023, we're removing the Playlist Radio option from the playlist context menu. We'd like to hear your thoughts and feedback about this change in the comments.

Captura 1.PNG  Captura 2.PNG

FAQ 

Are we removing the whole radio feature?

No, we are only removing Playlist Radio. Track/artist and album radios will still be available.

Do we have features where users can have a similar experience?

Yes, right now we have the enhance button or the recently rolled out smart shuffle to give recommendations based on user-created playlists.

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp
Top Answer
1,013 Replies

Yes, thanks so much Spotify for improving this feature by removing it so that I can't use it anymore.  Wow, so helpful.  If you keep "improving" things, then we'll have no features, and that would so great.

Please bring it back

I have some playlists made by other people which are used to start my radio stations. I can't use smart shuffle on them and the enhance feature doesn't exist. What do I use to replace what I used before?

Please bring this back! It was one of the things I loved most about Spotify, now today it has disappeared 😞 

This is an absolutely terrible change. Roll it back immediately.

I want to be able to flesh out my playlist myself, and not have to trust this new enhance feature to pick under 10 songs when I could easily add as many as I wanted before. If this isn't fixed it just shows that this feedback thread is useless because you don't care anyway. Absolutely useless. If it ain't broke, don't break it to push your new-fangled fix.

This is a pretty hefty ratio, 500+ comments all saying this is an absolutely horrific idea, and only 14 likes.
Spotify hasn't rolled back the change despite 2 months of constant criticism over it, so I'm moving on to better and more user friendly platforms. It's been fun.

Please bring it back, it's a top feature I use to discover new music similar to the ones I'm already listening to. Artist radio and album radios just don't cut it. Smart shuffle is also very limited, since I could usually get a lot of similar songs by just using a 5-song playlist. Please just bring it back. (Why did you even remove it in the first place, honestly??)

Ouch - this hurts - it just went away on my desktop - and was by the far the best way to listen to Spotify - I've got some good playlists, but I don't want to keep hearing those tracks over and over again, I want more like them - and Playlist -Radio was the only way I know to get that.  Maybe need to move back to Pandora 😞

i hate this so much 

Plan

Premium

Country

Australia

Device

PC

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

I dont have an option anymore to start a radio from my playlist, it seems like this was a recent change. Is there any way to get this back? Same thing on mobile app as well (iOS)

blueyboy_0-1685358930872.png

Por favor no la saquen

ARGH!  I can't believe they took it away from the desktop app now too. SO AGGRAVATING! 

@eni Why have we not heard back from Spotify on this? Silence is not the answer. You all removed this from mobile and now it has been removed from the desktop app too. Right before Memorial Day weekend? Are you trying to force us to migrate to a different service? Please help us understand why you made this change, despite all of us asking you not to, and why we haven’t got an official answer yet.

I just transferred my playlists to Apple Music. It works the same (as the playlist

radio feature here is gone) and is cheaper. You should consider taking action and do the same. Spotify for sure will monitor whether users are really stop using their service. I was patiently waiting for them to hear their users but since they are not - well, I have no reason to stay.

If you havent already go to https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Mobile-Bring-back-Playlist-radio/idc-p/5588480#M262551 and vote for this. According to support it's our only way to get it back and that is not promised.

My guess is they will keep ignoring people until more cancel over it. 

Absolutely terrible idea, I have no idea why you would do that.  It was one of my most used features and a great way to find new music.  Whoever came up with this idea really needs to rethink their motives. 

Premium user since.. I dont know.. some 20 years.

Removing playlist radio is .. lacking another word - #**bleep**.

The "optimized" playlist options is.. again #**bleep**. It always starts with the oldest song in the playlist, always the same order. No random at all. Playlist Radio at least seemed a bit intelligent.

I would also like to point out that the "Daily Mix" stays the SAME for weeks and months, does not change at all.

So in short. I am not happy with that the playlist radio option is removed. It is not a "accept as solution" at all.

It is a #Bad Idea, #Bring it back. I #do not like.

#optimized blows.

This was my most used feature, now I'm having a hard time justifying paying for this trash app

PLEASE bring this back. I used this feature regularly and really miss it.

What the **bleep** is this garbage? I can't ever truly express how much this decisions sucks.

Suggested posts