Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Playlist arrangement for followers

Playlist arrangement for followers

Hi,

This feels like it should be a really simple question - but no matter how much I have searched over the past few months I cannot find an answer.

My question:

How can you arrange the order of songs in a playlist for your followers?

When I rearrange the playlist either on my desktop or phone app it does not change the default view for other people, they still see it in the order I have added songs to the playlist. It is only changing the order for the device I am viewing it on.

I know that it is possible to have public playlists in the reverse order as Four Tet has done this - the first song you see on his playlist is the most recently added.

I have a playlist with over 150 hours of music on that I would like for my followers to be automatically seeing the most recent song at the top, not the first song I added years ago (and therefore having to scroll for ages to get to the new content).

Cheers in advance for any help - such a small thing, but its really frustrating me.

- Sarah 

3 Replies

Hi there @sesm,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

Using the Desktop app you can drag and drop the songs in the order you want to see them in your playlist. This should be updated in real time for anyone following the playlist. 

Note that you should have no Sorting enabled on you playlist. So you should change the track order in the default state of the playlist. 

The same goes for the user viewing it. If they Sort or Filter the playlist in any way your changes to the original order won't matter. 

Also, you'd have to manually drag the newest songs to the top of the playlist if you want those to appear on top for the user as well.

Hope this clears things up.

Don't hesitate to reach out again if you have questions.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Thanks so much for taking the time to reply!

I’m not sure if I have the patience to sit and individually drag and drop 2000+ songs though, haha. Is there any other option...? Or is that the only way? 

Hi there @sesm,

Thanks for the reply.

Currently there is no toll within the app which would enable you to do such sorting on large scale playlists. You can have a look at this discussion where a user has mentioned a third party app which allows you to re-sort a playlist. You can check whether this can help you 🙂

If you think other users might also like it, go ahead and create an idea on the relevant idea board. We always take new ideas and feedback into consideration to improve the app. Here you can read more on how ideas work.

We also suggest checking this help article for useful tips on how to submit an idea. As a heads-up, it's good to know that the higher the number of votes an idea gets, the more likely it is for the idea to be implemented.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any more questions.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts