Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Playlist artwork doesn't display when the playlist is played?

Playlist artwork doesn't display when the playlist is played?

Plan

Premium

Country

US

Device

LG Stylo 5+

Operating System

Android Pie

My Question or Issue:

Hello, 

When I tried to apply artwork for a playlist, the artwork doesn't actually show up when playing the playlist. Only the original album artwork (from the original albums) show up. Is there a way around this?

For example: With Pink Floyd's The Later Years, the album itself actually contains about 3  or 4 albums worth of songs. I tried to split them up into separate playlists with accommodating artwork. However, the artwork  for each playlist never appears when the playlists are actually played. Only the original album art appears from the original album.

Hope there's a fix and hope this makes sense!

1 Reply

Hey @Floydroid2020,

Welcome to the Community and thanks for posting your question here.

Just to confirm, the fact that the song album cover displays when you're playing one song out of a playlist on Spotify (instead of the playlist cover being displayed) is the expected behavior of the app.

To further clarify, using our desktop app (downloadable here), you can personalize the cover of the playlists you created and display it as the playlist cover when you open the playlist.

But whenever you play a song from that playlist as well as whenever you play a song on Spotify in general you'll always see the original album cover of that song right next to the playback bar.

Hope you'll find this info useful. Let us know if there's anything else we can help with!

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts