Premium

Country

Australia

Device

(iPhone XS Max, Desktop)

Operating System

(iOS 14.6 Windows 10)

My Question or Issue

I have a playlist set to public that does not show up on my profile when it is viewed by anyone other than myself, and attempting to open a link to the playlist when not logged into my account results in a 404 error. This has happened to two of my playlists and only began occurring after the recent UI change.

3 Replies

Hi there @nedmackay

Thanks for getting in touch about this here in the Community. 

Just to confirm, did you make the playlists public by following these specific steps?

If so, could you send us the playlists' URI so we can take a closer look? You can see how to do it here

Lastly, could you let us know if this issue persists across devices or only on your PC?

Keep us posted.

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Yes, I have made the playlist public as shown, but I don't think that is the issue, as even private playlists should be accessible by anyone when they have the link to the playlist. 

The issue seems to be occurring across all platforms, as other people on various devices are unable to see the playlist.

Here is the link - https://open.spotify.com/playlist/511SHZZUfTx5dz1I94UKjk?si=675c543ae05245c5

Hey @nedmackay,

Thanks for the info 🙂

Could you try creating a new playlist on another device? Then you can mark all the songs from the previous playlist with Ctrl+A and add them to the new playlist. Does the issue persist?

Keep us posted.

Ver Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts