Premium

Device

Desktop

Operating System

Windows 10

Spotify App Version

1.1.57.443.ga029a6c4-a

My Question or Issue

When clearing the filter while tracks are selected, playlist shows selection on the same positions instead of on the tracks, moving tracks reveals actual selection.

The same happens when sorting on headers, but only custom order allows moving.

Also selection clears up too easily when clicking anywhere outside playlist, filter had to be focused on with keyboard (Ctrl+F).

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @Kayque,

Thank you for your reply and for the information you've provided.

We've reported this to the right team so that they can have a closer look into this.

Let us know if you have any questions or if we can help you with anything else 🙂

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

View solution in original post

13 Replies

Hi there @Kayque,

Thank you for reaching out to us here in the Community.

Can you provide us a screen recording so that we can have a closer look directly from your end?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Take care!

JeremyModerator

Hi @Jeremy

I followed these steps when viewing a playlist in my library:

1. Press CTRL+F to focus on search
  2. Type something to filter
  3. Select any tracks
  4. Press CTRL+F again to focus on search
  5. Press ESC to clear filter

The expected behavior is for my first selection of tracks to remain highlighted, but the bug is the tracks on the same positions they were in are highlighted instead

In the example (New video.mp4) I filter the term for "scuba" then select tracks "Forgive Me" (A) and "Speed This MF Up" (B), positions 5 and 6 respectively

After clearing the filter the two tracks I've selected are not highlighted, instead tracks "First Aid" (C) and "Industry Complex" (D) are, the tracks now in position 5 and 6

Dragging and dropping the highlighted selection (tracks C and D) moves the original selection (tracks A and B)

The same bug happens when sorting (New video (1).mp4)

This used to work in the previous versions including 1.1.54.592 of the "new" update

Hi there @Kayque,

Thanks for keeping in touch and for the extra info.

We've tried on our end but couldn't replicate the issue. The selected songs remain highlighted even when sorting or searching. In this case, we recommend running a clean reinstall of the app by following these steps. This can be helpful to get rid of any cached files that might be causing trouble. We also suggest downloading the app again from the Microsoft Store. Make sure to restart your computer afterwards.

If that doesn't do the trick, could you try logging in to a different account, like a friend's or relative's, and let us know if this behavior persists? This would help us check if it's rather account-related.

We'd also like to know if that happens in any playlist or just some in particular.

Keep us posted. We'll be on the lookout.

CarlosEModerator

This is a clean install from the microsoft store and reproducible on any playlist

Hi again @Kayque,

Thanks for your reply.

Did you try using a different account? Was there any difference?

Also and if possible, could you try on a different computer and let us know if the same happens there? This will be of help in narrowing down the possible cause of the issue.

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

CarlosEModerator

Hi @CarlosE,

Still happens with different accounts, I was unable to install version 1.1.57.443.ga029a6c4-a on any other devices

Hey @Kayque,

Thanks for trying and keeping us posted.

Could you try reinstalling the app while in Safe Mode on your computer to see if that makes any difference?

Keep us in the loop.

CarlosEModerator

Couldn't install in safe mode, downgrading for now until there's a new
release

Hey @Kayque,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop.

Could you please confirm that you performed a clean reinstall using the steps that @CarlosE posted above? You also mention that you couldn't install the exact same version of the app on another device. We'd appreciate it if you share the make, model, OS version and exact Spotify version of the other device you tested this on. Did the same issue come up? Please include in your resonance whether the test there was ran with your or with a friend's account.

Keep us posted. We'd love to investigate this further. 

Mihail Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi @Mihail, my device Acer Nitro 5 running Windows 10 Pro version 20H2 build 19042.928 installs version 1.1.57.443.ga029a6c4-a with new ui even after a clean app reinstall from the installer and the store, other devices have version 1.1.57.443.ga029a6c4 (without the a, classic ui) installed from the ms store both Dell Inspiron Windows 10 Home 20H2 build 19042.928.

Issue only happens on the new ui for me

Marked as solution

Hi @Kayque,

Thank you for your reply and for the information you've provided.

We've reported this to the right team so that they can have a closer look into this.

Let us know if you have any questions or if we can help you with anything else 🙂

Take care!

JeremyModerator

Fixed in 1.1.59.712.g54f36e5d-a

Hey @Kayque

Fantastic news! Give us a shout if it starts misbehaving again; we're always here to help. 

Have a great day 🙂

EniModerator

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Suggested posts