Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Playlist glitch--songs from my "Your Top Songs 2020" playlist play after any song selected

Solved!

Playlist glitch--songs from my "Your Top Songs 2020" playlist play after any song selected

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Operating System

iOS 10, Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Weird glitch where I can play a song, but only songs that are in my personal "Your Top Songs 2020" will play afterwards. Doesn't matter if I have shuffle on or not--a random song from that playlist will always play after any song I've selected. This glitch makes it so I cannot play through any album or playlist I have on my Spotify account. The glitch started occurring after I had saved the "Your Top Songs 2020" playlist in my playlists. The glitch is happening on both my desktop and iPhone app. I tried deleting the playlist, then logging out and back in, but neither solutions worked.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @clarinetistify,

Thanks for reaching out about this and welcome to the Community 🙂

Your Top Songs 2020 playlist may be added to the Play Queue. Try clearing your Play Queue by following these steps.

If that doesn't help, it's worth running a clean reinstall of the app on both devices. This could be helpful to get rid of any cached files that might be causing trouble. You can find the steps to do it here.

If the issue persists after that, can you send us a screenshot of your Play Queue? We'd like to take a closer look.

Keep us posted on how it goes. We'll be on the lookout.

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @clarinetistify,

Thanks for reaching out about this and welcome to the Community 🙂

Your Top Songs 2020 playlist may be added to the Play Queue. Try clearing your Play Queue by following these steps.

If that doesn't help, it's worth running a clean reinstall of the app on both devices. This could be helpful to get rid of any cached files that might be causing trouble. You can find the steps to do it here.

If the issue persists after that, can you send us a screenshot of your Play Queue? We'd like to take a closer look.

Keep us posted on how it goes. We'll be on the lookout.

ElenaModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Wow, thank you! That was totally it. I kind of feel stupid that I was having trouble figuring that out, I assumed it was a glitch! Thank you so much!

Hey there @clarinetistify,

Thank you for your post and confirmation 🙂

We're really happy to hear that everything works as it should for you again.

If anything comes up we're always one reply away. We're happy to help.

Cheers 🙂

JeremyModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Suggested posts